engagement terrors

COMMENT

spoiler: chapter twenty-eight (the next chapter) may be private ;) it's 100% filthy. i'm planning on this hopefully being an informal chapter rather than majorly plot moving. a lot is going to be discovered and revealed.

chapter twenty-seven

N.J.H.

Harry and I's hands disconnect as we stare at Tiffany hanging off his father and my boss' arm. This situation has turned out to be the worst for the both of us.

"Harry, we need to talk. Now."

He nods, sneaking away with me up to the second floor. His hand makes contact with my right hip as we look for a room far enough from the main foyer to talk. We enter Louis' bedroom and shut the door tightly behind us.

"Oooh my god..." Harry whispers, "this is not happening."

"Harry!" I scold him, "Why didn't you tell me your father was the CEO?!"

"I'm sorry," he whispers back to me, "I wasn't expecting any of this to happen! I didn't want to tell you--"

"Why not?!"

"The same reason why you didn't tell me about your dad."

My breath hitches as he grips my crossed arms,

"Baby, I didn't want you holding the burden that's my childhood on your shoulders."

"I... I understand that. But this, this was bound to happen! You didn't notice when she was suggestively pointing out she was sleeping with our boss, that it was your dad?!"

"Niall I-- no I wasn't expecting my 36 year old father to be screwing with your 21 year old ex-girlfriend!"

"She's 22..." I mutter, embarrassed.

"She's older than you?" Harry says in astoundment. I nod, not wanting to talk about the fact that the bitch was older than me by a year and a quarter.

"I--whatever, Niall I'm sorry. I guess I should have mentioned it..."

"It's too late for that...we've walked into a huge issue..."

"It's only an issue if we make it one. Tonight is about you meeting my family for the first time, my family meeting my boyfriend for the first time, and vice versa."

I kiss him, sealing our silence in the room. He pulls away, out of breath from such a short period of time. We exchange small reassuring kisses, our eyes shut and our hearts beating erratically before we separate. Holding me close, a small peck is placed on my forehead before we open the door. We walk downstairs, hand in hand as we return to our families.

"If my dad wants to drop this on me," Harry mutters, "then I'm dropping my sexuality on him too."

We step onto Louis' tiled floor and Harry leads us to his entire family. I see his mum, Oscar, Gemma, his father and Tiffany.

"Dad, Mum," Harry announces, "this is my boyfriend, Niall."

"Oh," Harry's father chuckles, reacting calmly, "Well, this is my girlfriend, Tiffany. We've been dating for three years."

My jaw drops but I abruptly act casual. Tiffany had been cheating on me since the day I asked her out. The boy she was having sex with in our house, she was cheating on him too. All she is is a cheating, conniving bitch.

"It's nice to meet you Niall," Harry's mum gives me a bright smile as she shakes my hand. My expression suddenly increases in merriment as our hands touch. She lets go, warth still glowing off of her pale skin. I shake his father's hand next, out of courtesy. Though he's in quite the situation, he is my boss, and my boyfriend's father. We exchange greetings and chat until I hear my mother's soothing voice,