no time for angels

chapter forty-two

N.J.H.

When I wake up, I'm in an extremely comfortable bed. Maybe even to much to get up. I smile, sinking further into the sheets and turning. To my surprise, Harry is lying there next to me, his arm draped across my body. I hadn't even noticed until I was face to face with his bare chest. I trace the indents of his body and the outlines of his tattoos until I come across something I never expected to see.

N.J.H. is tattooed on Harry's ribcage.

I turn his body around to get a better, and he begins to wake up.

"You're awake?"

"Harry," I stare at the tattoo in awe, "when did you get this?"

"Hmrgh?"

"Harry. The tattoo. Of my initials?!"

He scrunches his face before realizing what I was talking about,

"Oh..."

"Well?"

"Uhm, awhile ago. Zayn went to go get a tattoo after my first night at the kickboxing lesson, and I felt like getting one. So I decided to get your initials."

"Oh..."

"Do you like it?"

"I...I love it," I confess, "I just wish you told me."

"Why hm?"

He rubs my hipbone and kisses my nose as I continue,

"I would've gotten one with you."

He stops his loving touches and laughs quietly,

"You? A tattoo?"

"Yeah!" I say defensively, "A fucking tattoo, you twat! Right on my chin!"

"Your chin?"

"Well, no... that was just me getting defensive."

Harry grins and leans in to kiss my lips softly,

"Ready to see your nan?"

He asks me cautiously, knowing that it's not a light topic. I nod, sighing before I get out of bed and take his hand, dragging him to the shower,

"Get clean with me Styles."

"More like dirty," he rolls his eyes and chuckles, "I can't seem to keep my hands off you."

He grips my waist before picking me up with his two hands and carrying me to the bathroom. When he kicks the door open, we're fairly surprised at the size of the room.

"Every single time we go to a hotel, you somehow manage to get a gorgeous room. Please, let's not let this habit die."

"What, only with me for the nice hotels?"

"Oh hush," I stop him, "let's shower. And please; we need to get to the hospital. Don't fondle me."

"No promises."

The hospital my nan is in happens to be four hours away from the hotel we're staying at, so when Harry and I decide to take the bus, we're in for a surprise when we hear the length of our journey.

"Oh well," Harry shrugs, "we can sleep."

"Yeah, but the thing is, I slept a lot," I sigh, "It was my first night without a nightmare."