fool's gold

one. more. chapter.
holy shit...
comment!

chapter fifty-four

N.J.H.
When I wake up, I feel the sunshine radiating on my face, making me extremely happy, at least for not being a morning person. Today is Tiffany's wedding, and honestly, I'm really happy for her. Not only because the past is finally behind us and I don't feel like I'm living in a soap opera, but because this is a new step for her.

A step that I will soon be taking.

I guess it's just the fact that all the unnecessary drama that we've had in our lives is finally...gone I suppose. Louis hasn't heard from Shahid or Stan in ages, and neither have I. The problem we had on New Year's? It slipped from existence, possibly being that it was a huge hoax to frighten us. And Megan? When was the last time I even heard from that bimbo?

The point is, everything is closing down, disappearing before our very eyes. It's relaxing, because it's just about damn time that Harry and I catch a break. The amount of crap we've gone through to be together seems to be so much worthwhile after looking back on it.

My eyes stayed trained on Harry as he sleeps quietly next to me. I pick up my phone and check the time, noticing the wedding starts in three hours and we're just lounging around.

"Harry..."

He doesn't budge and I groan, shoving his bare side,

"Harry get up, come on..."

His voice comes out in a small grumble, and he shifts his body to face me,

"God why is it so sunny..."

"Perfect weather for a wedding," I tell him with a smirk and he smiles, shuffling around before sitting up and leaning over to kiss me,

"Reminds me of our wedding."

"Yeah, but it's not gonna be in sunny Jamaica," I smile, kissing him again, "it's gonna be in our own city."

"But where?"

I think from the back of my mind, trying to think of a perfect location, until it comes to me,

"Your backyard!" I suggest happily, "we could literally have a backyard wedding!"

Harry ponders it, pulling me into lap and giving me more access to his face as I kiss down his neck,

"Please please please..."

"We'll talk about it after this wedding. One step a a time."

He pats my bum as I get off of him and lead the way to the bathroom, the excitement beginning.

"I wonder what her dress looks like..."

"Haha! I already know!"

I roll my eyes at Louis' incompetence to stop bragging before looking back at the scene in front of us. It looks just as it did on the rehearsal date, but there's something about it right here, right now, that makes it feel so much more magical.

"This wedding is going to be beautiful..."

"I never thought I would hear those words leave your lips Niall."

"Well they are," I say, "this chapter is coming to a close and I can't wait to start a new one."

"What are you thinking about doing?"

"Well there's the wedding," I say, finally comfortable with saying it, "and then maybe that tiny possibility of a family."

"Dude," Louis proceeds to warn me, "it's been half a year."