vogue for me

chapter three

N.J.H.
"Why did you want to intern for Tomlinson?" I ask Zayn as we walk through the clothing design floor, "I mean, there's so many more internships in fashion, and not that I don't love Louis, but there's better...industries?"

"I know, but Louis...Louis Tomlinson is like a lily in a patch of weeds. He's an angel in this evil world we live in, he's...everything I've ever wanted."

My jaw drops and I stifle a laugh. He's in love with Louis! That's why he wanted this internship?

"Oh my god you're in love with him..." I take a bite of my bagel, "should've figured. No one ever gets past Louis' breakfast order test."

"Niall please don't tell him. I don't want to blow my chances or scare him away..."

"Your secret is safe with me," I smile, swallowing my food, "But, a word of advice?"

"Please?" Zayn begs.

"Louis hates clichés, absolutely despises them. If you actually get to take him out on a date, be low-key about it. He'll think you get your romantic ideas from movies if you go full out."

"Thank you, really that means a lot."

"No problem, I'd love to see Louis over the top infatuated again."

We both step into an open elevator and I press the '8' button. I pull out my phone and check for any missed calls. A text from Tiffany is the only thing I see on my screen.

Can I borrow some money? €50 possibly? -T

I frown and type out the reply I always give her.

You know my bank account password. -N

I put my phone away and roll my eyes. Not an 'I love you' or even a smiley face. Tif could've put some more effort in that.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one part of the relationship. Like, if I want to go do something fun, she agrees, right? One phone call later she's out the door to hang out with her friends, leaving me with Louis to watch movies or make pillow forts.

It's almost as if Louis is my spouse and not her. I mean, where's the love?

"Are you okay?" Zayn asks as the elevator door opens. We both step out and begin to maneuver our way through the models and agents rushing around.

"I'm alright yeah, just my girlfriend and I, issues yknow."

"A word of advice?"

He laughs and I smirk, awaiting his wise words.

"Think about other people in your life and consider whether you'd want to be with them over her. It's a type of physiology that will get you going in the right direction."

"Hey," I say, "Thanks. That's actually a pretty good idea."

"No problem dude--"

"ZAYN!"

The intern jumps in fright at Louis bellowing his name. He stomps over to is and quickly hands Zayn an iPad with a bunch of bullet pointed sentences.

"God damn it get your ass in there! Do you know how much shit you need to get done come here! And I need a vanilla iced coffee with a lot of whipped cream before you start! I'm so stressed out I might slap a bitch!"

Zayn looks absolutely petrified but I pat his back to reassure him.

"Get him his coffee," I whisper, "It's his non-stress key. Don't forget the whipped cream or your internship is done."

"Okay."

Zayn leaves for the Starbucks across the street and Louis clutches his chest.

"Niall I think I'm going have a heart attack. There's so much to do and there's hundreds of interns running around--"

"Hundreds?" I exclaim, "I thought Zayn was your only intern!"

"He's my personal intern. Which means the other interns just get scattered everywhere. It's a huge company Niall, what would you expect?"

I roll my eyes and offer my help for my stressed out friend,

"Louis, let me help you?"

"Okay fine fine, go to floor seven and get these dresses and blazers please, and then go to floor eleven and make sure the soundtrack for the L.A. launch party isn't complete shit."

"Yeah alright," I say, taking his other iPad.

"Can you pass me another iPad?" He groans. I hand him one from the pile and he turns it on, loading his tasks list.

"Thanks, you can go now."

I pat Louis' back and head back to the elevator. What Zayn had mentioned before Louis interrupted crosses my mind and I wonder if it will work. I decide to go down the list and compare.

What about Paula, that girl that works in the same department as me? She's nice, she likes cats and knitting.

Wait. That's not good at all.

Moving on...

I begin to realize that I don't really know a lot of girls; all my friends are guys. Should I include them in my comparison session.

Why would you? You're straight.

Or am I?

I decide to include all my male friends, my first being Louis. How did I feel about my best friend in general? I mean he's pretty hot I guess, I'd fuck him.

Whoa.

My mind drifts from Louis and other friends to Harry. He's been captivating my mind since the day I almost locked him in Marvel Studios. Not because I need to buy him an apology fruit basket, but because he's...captivating. He's tall, muscular, and may I add, incredibly fit when wearing a suit and tie.

But I'm straight, so no worries.

Yeah, it's all good.

"Dammit I'm gay," I mumble to myself.

"And strut strut strut, work it ladies! You're sexy, you're hot, you've got a better ass than me--eh no that's enough."

Louis is shouting commands back and forth at the fashion show rehearsals. Zayn and I both sit with Louis in the front row, examining the models. At the moment, I'm trying to make myself straight again. It's simple really, just get hard staring at the girls' butts.

"Male models, you're on in three!" Louis screams, "You hear me?! Tres!"

He sits down in a huff between Zayn and I.

"Niall the best part is coming," he smirks, "their asses are going to look great..."

"Louis I think I'm gay." I whisper. His eyes go wide and suddenly he's flailing off his chair.

"ZAYN LEAVE THIS IS IMPORTANT!" He screams, causing Zayn to scramble away as quickly as possible. I leave Louis to fangirl over my big realization. Fancy starts playing and the make models make their appearance as he begins to relax.

"What made you realize?"

"I'm not sure yet," I protest, "I said 'I think' for a reason. I'm still in love with Tiffany--"

"Niall this is a sign, I mean come on be logical here--"

"I'll figure it out. Probably just a misunderstanding."

I lean back in my chair and look at the models running the catwalk. Louis is right, their asses are phenomenal.

It's not until Louis taps my shoulder that I realize I'm unconsciously palming a very indiscreet boner.

"Niall? You've got a--"

"Louis. Don't say anything."

I sigh and cover up my pants. So maybe I am gay.