sapphire emerald bygones

DO THE HR108 SURVEY! IT'S ON THE PREVIOUS PART AND YOU COULD PREDICT THE FUTURE OF WHAT YOU'RE READING!

chapter forty-four

N.J.H.

Harry slipping the ring onto my finger was something I never thought I would love so much. When I accepted his proposal, Louis dropped his phone while my fiance broke down in sobs. The moment was completely unexpected, and I realized that our relationship was basically running on whether I accepted Harry's proposal or not.

"Why did you say yes?"

I look into the bathroom doorway as Harry walks out, his hair dripping and a pair of joggers hanging loosely on his waist. He sits next to me and folds his hands, giving me his undivided attention. I can't seem to find the right words to explain, so instead I sigh, trying to give myself time,

"You know--"

"I know," I sigh, "when I was in isolation, I started wondering, what if...what if you die?"

"Niall..."

"No let me finish Harry, what if you die and I never got to do these things with you when the opportunity came? Seeing my nan pass... it's making me wonder if I should make you wait forever."

"I can wait as long as you want me to."

"Good; I don't want you to wait anymore."

I hold up my left hand, admiring the ring,

"It's only been a few months, but I think we can do this. There's no law against it, and I think it'll be wild, you know? Something crazy we don't do."

He wraps his hair in a bun as he listens to me, cracking his fingers before luring me to lay with him,

"I'm not planning on leaving you any time soon babe, I hope you know that."

"I know darling," I kiss him before I lay back on his chest, "so...when should we do this?"

"After the shitstorm with Tiffany and my dad subsides. They are not coming to our wedding."

I giggle, agreeing quietly. He turns off the lights and I curl into his side,

"What color should we make everything?"

"Purple is a pretty nostalgic color."

"But are we gonna go for nostalgia?"

"...Why not?"

The week passes by rapidly, and eventually we're all packing to go to Jamaica. For some odd unrecognizable reason, I'm actually a little excited for the trip. It's practically a free vacation for Harry and I, and it's at a gorgeous resort we're staying at. I remember when we looked it up online, he couldn't stop talking about swimming in Jamaican waters.

And, the beautiful addition to the adventure (other than Louis and Zayn tagging along) is that we're engaged. The long curly haired man that I almost locked out of Marvel Studios is finally mine, and I never thought things would play out this way.

"Ready?"

I look at him in disbelief as I see he's already packed and dressed for the flight,

"What?! No! I was sitting here thinking about how after this I'm planning a wedding with my fiance!"

He giggles and kisses me before pinching my side,

"Ouch!"

"Come on, we can't exactly miss this one for another session babe. I've been ravishing you all weekend."