the truth

C O M M E N T!

for those of you that don't remember; stan is louis' ex-boyfriend. [read chapter 4 for a small recap; when they wake up in the morning]

anyone going to otra on the 5th? i am :) (i.e. where harry got threatened)

chapter thirty-one

N.J.H.

"Louis! Louis where the hell are you?!"

All of us are fear stricken, our eyes wide and our minds on high alert. I glance at Louis, giving him a look that told him to calm down, and not have a panic attack. The fact that Stan even found us is unbelieveable.

"What the hell is going on?!" Zayn and Harry whisper-shout at the same time. Louis and I look at each other frantically once again, tears dripping from Louis' eyes.

"We need to hide Louis," I whisper, "Now. That guy up there will hurt him."

Zayn takes his hips in his hands and leads him away from the room, taking him into the closet. It's not small, so I know Louis will be fine. My own boyfriend has his own tight grip on me as the banging continues upstairs. Glass is shattering, wood is breaking, and I know it's only a matter of seconds before he breaks down the door to the man cave.

"Niall." Harry says sternly, "Who is that man?"

"Stan Vance," I answer quickly, "he's Louis' ex-boyfriend and we haven't seen him in years."

"Then how is he here n--"

"Louis!"

The door breaks off the hinges and I take out my broken phone, calling 911 quickly.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"A man just broke into my friend's house," I say quickly, "we're not sure if he's armed or not but he may hurt him."

"The police are on their way," the dispatcher says, "Is there anything else we should know?"

"I--"

I don't even realize that Stan is in front of me, gripping my shirt and launching my phone on the wall again, completely disintegrating it. I hear Harry yelp as I'm snatched from his grip and into Stan's threatening arms.

"Where is he Horan?!" he shouts in my face.

"Let go of me!" I shout, squirming frantically to get out of his grasp. I see Harry grab an empty bottle behind him and smash it over Stan's head. He shakes it off easily, which petrifies me. That's not normal.

"Where is he Niall?! I swear I'll tear this house to pieces until--"

Zayn comes barreling out of nowhere, attacking Stan with all his force. He falls to the ground almost immediately, his power over me vanquished as Harry comes to my aid.

"Are you okay?!" He whispers, holding me close to his body. I'm not paying attention though, because Zayn has taken to fighting Stan with full force. Every punch Stan throws, he dodges. Eventually he throws Louis' ex over the counter, rendering him unconscious.

Relieved to see him motionless and hear police sirens blaring outside, the five of us slowly inch away from the limp body. Louis' breathing is ragged, and within seconds he's falling on the floor, leaving him comatose as well.

"Louis?!"

Zayn scoops him in his arms, holding him bridal style as the officers come down to the man cave. Liam peeks his head out from behind the couch, and Harry and I stay still, him holding me tightly and me clutching his arms with the same strength and urgency.