Homophobia - LGBT

Some people may have a difficulty with people who are lebian,gay, bisexuel or even transgender. But that's alright because everyone has their own beliefs. However if you know someone who is making fun of or bullying someone that is LGBT that is a different story. These are some things that I personally think would help if you have a homophobic friend.

~ Come out. If you are LGBT. Studies have even found that people who know someone who is gay are less likely to be homophobic than those who don't. Also often the most painful homophobia comes from people who are close to us. But those people can also be one of the easiest to reach. An easy way to see if your friend is homopobic or not is casually bringing up the subject, or you can ask how they feel about having a LGBT as a friend.

~ Call them out/ Educate them. If someone makes a comment that you might find offensive, simpply say so. A lot of people actually don't even relize that what they are saying is offensive. Learning about LGBT issues can go a long way in actually reducing homophobia.

~ Get allies.  If you have an homophobe in your group then it is most likely that you aren't the only one who is bothered by their comments. Try considering aligning with other friends to make it clear that your group doen't think the person's comments are cool.

 QOTD: What time is it currently where you are?

AOTD: 9:09 pm 

Comment 'ily'  if I have helped!