Camera Ready

Mercedes sighed. She was bored. She was used to doing things right after breakfast. The shoot wasn't for another two hours. "Is there anything on TV?"

Marcy stopped flipping through channels. "Just kiddie and talk shows."

"Boring."

"Here. You find something. I'm going to go back to sleep."

"Why?" Marc questioned. "You're just going to have to get up in an hour."

"That's an hour of sleep I could have under my belt. The twins and I are already dressed so I really just have to worry about finding my keys in time."

"What about them?" He pointed to the twins, who were playing with toys by a wall.

"Don't let them get in detergent." Marcy shrugged as she walked out.

"Nice to know we're watching your kids!" Marc yelled.

"Just you." Mercedes gave him the remote. "I'm going to go call Tina."

He sat back with a scowl. "Who said I wanted to watch two one year olds?"

She shrugged as she walked out.

Marc sighed and got up to actually see the twins. They realized he was giving them attention and got up to pull him over. Here we go.

M&MC

"Yeah, it's been fun." Mercedes was lying on her pallet, on her back with her feet on the wall. She held her phone to her ear as she spoke to Tina. "We've been reconnecting."

"I'm happy for you." Tina said. "I wish I had siblings."

"No, you don't!" Mercedes assured her.

Tina giggled. "Yes, I do! I hated being by myself. I was so lonely."

"I guess I get that. We didn't spend every waking moment together and I got lonely without them, too."

"What was it like growing up with all of them?"

"I don't know how to describe it. I was just so used to seeing them there all the time."

"Did you hate it? You don't sound like you liked having them around."

"I loved having them around. I'm sorry I'm making you think I didn't. I truly did. It's just I don't know any other way to be so I don't know how to describe it. But we had a lot of fun. Every day was a new adventure. Especially with Tommy."

"Tommy? Who's Tommy? A cousin?" Tina was confused.

"Tommy from the Rugrats. That's what we called Marcy. She was just like him."

"So bald and never wore pants?" Tina teased.

Mercedes giggled. "She had a head full of hair but she did like to take her clothes off."

Tina laughed. "Seems like she's still like that. The clothes she wears leave nothing to the imagination!"

"Marcy is a jeans and tee type of person but if she can get away with less clothes, she will."

"So she's a nudist?"

"You would think."

Tina laughed.

"But that's our Tommy."

"Do you think she remembers that?"

"Hopefully. I'm going to remind her later. I was Susie."

"Susie?"

"Susie Carmichael."

"The little black girl?"