We Bought a Zoo

Mercedes pulled her shirt down and reached for her shoes. She was excited for today. They were going to the zoo!

She hadn't been to the zoo in years and was eager to go back. She tied her laces and grabbed her purse before going downstairs.

"You guys ready?!"

Marcy walked in, adjusting her plum colored jeans. "Yeah. I think these jeans go with this top. Right?"

Mercedes looked over the raspberry tee. "Yeah but that's a long scarf."

It went passed Marcy's knees and was multi-striped with reds. "I have one in nearly every color."

"Ooh! Do you have one in purple?!"

"Yes, I do!"

"I might have to borrow that. You like those shoes, don't you?"

Marcy looked down at the booties she wore Friday. "I don't have many shoes here. These, the ones from yesterday, my chucks and a pair of wedges."

"Ooh! What kind of wedges?"

"Blue jean material. Kinda shapely. Not too high."

"We should go shopping and I can get some wedges. I like wedges."

"You can go shopping when we go home."

"Why can't you go shopping with me?!"

"I'm sick of shopping!"

"We went like four times!"

"That's five too many!"

Marc walked in. "What are you arguing about now?"

"She wants me to go shopping!" Marcy spat.

Marc laughed. "Leave her alone, Merce. She doesn't want to go shopping."

Mercedes folded her arms across her chest. "Fine! Let's go. You've ruined everything!"

Marcy stuck her tongue out. "Come on, babies!"

Mally and Mickey ran in.

"We're going to the zoo." She took each of their hands and walked them out.

Marc put them in their car-seats and got in the far back with them. Mercedes sat in the back by herself, still upset her sister wouldn't consent to a shopping spree with her.

Marcy drove to get Laura and Quinn first. The blondes climbed in the back.

"What's wrong, Mercy?" Laura could read her sister like a book.

"She won't go shopping with me." Mercedes put her head on Quinn's shoulder.

"Who? Marcy?" Quinn was confused.

"Yes, that mean selfish fat face!"

Marcy stopped the car and turned around to hit Mercedes. "You can get out and walk!"

"Ow! Laura!"

"Girls, stop it! Sisters do not fight. Sisters are kind to each other. Sisters-" Laura started.

Marcy turned back around. "You can stop now!"

"Sisters listen to each other!"

Marcy ignored her as she drove to the Chang residence. She honked the horn.

Mike and Mal came outside and got in the car. "Hey!"

"Don't leave me with these people anymore." Marcy snapped.

"Hey!" Marc was offended.

"I didn't do anything!" Quinn yelled.

"They're nerve-wracking!" Marcy went on.