Lust is Your New Best Friend

Mercedes and Mike fell into a routine after that. They had many of the same medically inclined classes and studied together often. They worked out at the gym and Mike's studio for their other work. They were together most of their days and spent plenty of time in each other's rooms.

Dr. Jones was happy to know Mike was in the dorm since Puck moved out. They both got a kick out of that. It was smooth sailing. With only a few hiccups...

I want to touch her so bad! Mike bit his lip and tried to concentrate on the movie. They were in the common area of their dorm and someone put on The Amazing Spider-Man. Everyone in the sitting area was hugged up and he wanted to be, too. He wondered if she felt the same.

Mercedes reached for the popcorn he held in his lap but missed as she stroked his abs. He stilled as she reached again. She finally just looked at what she was doing and grabbed a handful of popcorn. This girl!

Mike released his breath but couldn't actually relax. He was going crazy just being friends. He couldn't go back to how it used to be because his feelings had changed. Obviously hers hadn't.

M&MC

Mercedes heard Mike's groan from the dressing room. She opened the door slightly and stuck her head out. "Problems?"

He narrowed his eyes at her. "Yes! Come out! I'm bored!"

She laughed. "I told you I was going shopping, Chang! What did you expect?"

"For you to be faster!"

She closed the door but she knew he could still hear her laughing. Seriously, she eyed herself in the mirror. She liked the dress but wasn't sure it was right. Maybe I should ask him?

She turned the lock and stepped outside. "What do you think?" She looked up to see his slack-jawed expression. "Mike!"

He shook himself. "Yeah?"

"What do you think?" She gestured to herself.

He cocked his head. "Amazing."

She flushed and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Thank you."

"Really amazing." He couldn't seem to get past that.

"So I should get it?"

"I'll buy it for you!"

She laughed. "You're so messy!" She headed back to the dressing room. Shopping with Mike was better than shopping with Kurt!

M&MC

That night Mike couldn't stop thinking about that dress. It was alright on the hanger but on her? Amazing. He had to wipe up his drool!

When she went back to change, an older (than him) lady sauntered over and winked at him. "My husband could stand to take a couple lessons from you!"

The man in question walked closer. "Don't believe her, son! I give her compliments. Their problem is the more you give them, the more they want. Your girl's normal for now but just you wait til you marry her!"

Mike had blushed so hard; he thought his face was going to sprout lava. "Oh?"

The woman swung her purse at her husband. "He's just a big baby! Don't listen to him. You and your girlfriend are so cute. You'd have the best looking kids!"

"And now she's wishing kids on you!" The man rolled his eyes. "Just because you're pregnant, doesn't mean everyone else should be, too!"

"Oh hush, Harry!"