Kung Fu Fighting

Karou hugged Marcy tightly. "I'm going to miss you, CC!"

"Stay the summer, genius!" She couldn't breathe.

"I will! Let me know when you go home."

"I'll call you." Marcy pried her off.

"Can't wait to have you, Cuz!" Joey slapped hands with Marc.

"You'll see me soon!" Marc laughed.

India hugged Mercedes. "I'm coming to visit you this summer!"

"Good! Christmas was so long ago!" Mercedes squeezed her tight.

The departing trio got in the taxi and took off to the airport.

Marc shut the door. "Who's sick of pizza?"

"Me!" Marcy, Mercedes and Rose raised their hands.

He nodded once. "Agreed! I don't want to see another pizza for at least a few weeks!"

Rose clapped her hands. "Okay, you three go clean while I pack the picnic basket! Do you want your usuals?"

"Yep!" Marc went to clean the living room.

"Yes." Mercedes went to clean the den.

Marcy turned to go clean the dining room but Rose stopped her first. "Wait! What do the twins eat for lunch?"

"I can make it."

"No, no. You're cleaning. I'm making lunch."

Marcy shrugged. "Ham with Swiss on wheat. Mally likes string cheese. I don't give them chips yet. Mally eats oranges and Mickey likes bananas."

Rose went down the list of things she'd bought at the store the day before. "I have all that. What do they like on their bread?"

"Mally likes plain Miracle Whip but Mickey likes it and Dijon mustard."

"Okay. You go clean and I'll do this."

Marcy went to the dining room.

Rose was happy with the lack of attitude. Maybe Marcy was lightening up? Either way, Rose went to the kitchen and turned on the stereo. She could hear different music coming from the other rooms and knew her musically inclined children were doing what she was; using music to make the work go faster.

She used the CD portion to listen to one of her mother's albums and went to the fridge. She stored pear, apple, orange, cranberry apple and strawberry juices in the freezer. Then she grabbed meats, cheeses, condiments, lettuce and tomatoes from the refrigerator.

She grabbed chicken from the freezer and put it on to boil before washing her hands. Then she grabbed wheat bread and put a thin layer of Miracle Whip on two slices. She piled on ham and Swiss cheese before closing the sandwich. She cut it in half then stuffed it in a sandwich bag.

She decided to make Marcy's sandwich next. She grabbed four pieces of seven grain bread and spread Miracle Whip on all four. Then she layered on turkey and Havarti cheese with buttercrunch lettuce. She squirted on a dollop of honey mustard then closed the sandwiches and cutting them into triangles. She stuffed them into two sandwich bags and set them aside.

She went to check on the chicken and found it nearly done so she went back to making the other sandwiches. She decided to make her husband's favorite sandwich for him. A Reuben. She quickly built two sandwiches and stuffed them in sandwich bags.

She went back to the chicken and turned off the burner before going to the refrigerator and pulling out grapes, celery and onions. She chopped all three and left them in a bowl with curry powder.