Birthday Song

Marcy walked out of her closet and nearly had a heart-attack. "What's wrong with you?!"

"Happy birthday!" Mercedes shouted.

Marcy glared at her. "Get out."

"I'm sorry." Mercedes didn't look the least bit remorseful.

Marcy crossed her arms. "Yeah right."

Mercedes smiled. "You look good. Isn't it a little warm for black?"

Marcy was wearing dark blue bootcut jeans with two tank tops, one black, the other dark green. She wore a silky black vest over it with her rosary around her waist and the jewelry Marcus gave her the week before. On her feet were black heeled booties with silver buckles and zippers. "No."

"You're still mad." Mercedes grinned.

"I'm not mad; I had a freakin heart-attack!"

"Now you know how we all feel!"

"I don't do that!"

"Yes, you do! You're always sneaking up on people!"

"I do not sneak up on people!"

"Yes, you do! No one ever knows where you are!"

"It's my birthday! How are you going to argue with me on my birthday?!"

Mercedes crossed her arms. "Fine!"

Marcy cocked her head to the side. "Go away."

"Nope! I'm walking you down to breakfast." Mercedes took her arm and led her out of the room.

"I don't need help walking." She pushed Mercedes off and went to check on the twins. The trio came out of the guest room and joined Mercedes in the hall.

"It's Mommy's birthday!" Mercedes cheered to the kids.

They started jumping around and yelling.

"Thanks." Marcy deadpanned.

"You're in a mood." Mercedes teased.

"I am not. I just don't want them in my ear." Marcy headed for the stairs.

Mercedes and the twins followed behind her. "You're in a mood."

"I'm going to be in a mood if you don't quit!"

"Mommy's in a mood." Mercedes whispered to the kids.

Marcy groaned. "You can't go with me today."

Mercedes laughed. "Lighten up!"

"Why are you so light? You've spent the past three days crying your eyes out."

"I've decided not to ruin your day with my drama. I can spend today thinking about you. There's no telling about tomorrow."

Marcy smirked as she walked into the kitchen. "Proud of you."

"Happy birthday!" Rose called out as she set a plate on the table.

Marcy raised an eyebrow. "Is this going to be happening all day?"

"I don't- I don't understand." Rose was confused.

"I do and yes, it will." Marc picked her up and twirled her around. "Happy birthday, Sis!"

"Okay, alright. Put me down." Marcy enjoyed the attention but didn't know how vocalize it.

Marc put her down and threw an arm around her neck. "What are we up to today?"

"We?" She threw his arm off her and went to put the twins at the table. "Who said I want to hang out with you?"