Maddie Day

Mercedes yawned as she walked downstairs. She was still sleepy from the night before. She shuffled to the table and sat down to rub her eyes. "Good morning."

Her family greeted her.

"How did you sleep?" She set her chin in her hand as she looked at Marcy.

"Like I was still drunk." Marcy sipped apple juice slowly.

Mercedes chuckled. "So what's the plan for today?"

"I wanted to go to the beach again and Marc thinks it's a good idea to teach them how to swim."

Mercedes brightened. "That's good!"

"I think so." Marc drank his coffee.

"Did you tell the others?"

"I called Laura and Mal." Marcy said.

"I'll call Mikey and Quinn. If they haven't already told them." She poured herself orange juice and sipped it.

"I packed up my swim trunks." Marc made a face as he folded his section of the newspaper.

"I have to get the twins swim gear in the first place." Marcy looked at the twins, who were babbling to each other in baby talk.

"That means we're going shopping!" Mercedes cheered.

"Just for swim gear. Right, Princess? You'll have to buy more luggage if you keep buying clothes." Marcus teased.

"I have a swimsuit, Daddy."

"So no shopping for you?"

Mercedes pouted. "No shopping for me."

Marc threw an arm around her shoulders. "You can help me pick out something to buy."

She smiled. "Thank you."

"And I don't know how to pick out swimming suits for babies." Marcy put her hand on her arm.

"I can help with that?" Mercedes couldn't wait. She loved doing things for her niece and nephew.

"Don't you want Tia's help?" Marcy asked the twins.

"Yes!" They shouted.

Mercedes flushed. They were so sweet. She had the best family. "I can't wait."

M&MC

"How about these?" Mercedes picked out black swim trunks with red, orange and yellow.

"I'm going to be hot as hell." Marc complained.

She huffed. "Mikey?"

"Too many colors, Mercy." Mike shook his head.

"Mal?"

"Don't they just have orange ones?" Mal wrinkled his nose.

Mercedes felt like screaming. They were shooting down all her ideas after letting her pick out their swim trunks. "Fine! How about this one?!"

Mal looked over the orange and black pair of trunks. "Eh. We'll put that in the maybe pile."

"Do you like these?" Marcy asked her son. She was sick of his father and uncles taking forever.

Mally rubbed the red fabric and nodded.

"One down!" Marcy gave him the shorts and let him walk around with them.

Mercedes blew out a breath. Finally! A non-picky Fabanges! She chose a pair of black trunks. "Mike. What do you think?"

Mike screwed his face up. "Okay. I'll get them."