About Last Friday Night

Mercedes pulled the straightening comb through Marcy's hair. "I have something to tell you guys."

Quinn and Karou looked up from where they were flipping through magazines at the kitchen table. "What?"

"Mikey said he wanted to meet Aaron. Tomorrow."

"Holy-!"

"Marcy!"

"Crap! I was going to say crap!" Marcy actually wasn't sure what she was going to say.

"Why is this a problem?" Karou flipped a page in her book.

"Because she's not looking to get rid of both of them." Marcy was referring to a trick they used to get rid of some of their suitors, which was to introduce them to each other.

"Oh right. You're screwed, Mercy."

"Thanks, Rou!" Mercedes bit off.

"I'm serious. Can you get out of this?"

"I doubt it. You know how Mikey gets when he's into something. Dogged." Her lashes fluttered in an irritated manner.

"Maybe you can distract him with something?" Quinn suggested.

"Right!" Marcy agreed. "Throw the cookie at him!"

"Marcy! I'm not going to use sex as a weapon!" Mercedes nearly dropped the heating comb.

"You better brandish it like it's a mace and you're Sir Lance-a-Lot!"

Karou and Quinn laughed.

Mercedes shook her head with a rueful smile. "I'm trying to get through your hair quickly but it keeps curling again."

"Just try to get the roots as straight as possible. I can use the flatirons on the rest." Marcy held still. "Thanks for this. I know it isn't fun."

"I don't mind. You're the one suffering."

"I truly am. My head is bangin!"

Mercedes giggled. "I'm sorry." She continued on with her task and two hours later, she was done. "Okay, I'm finished."

Marcy got up and stretched. "My back, yo!"

Karou wrapped her arms around her middle and squeezed. "Let me help you out."

"Ow! Ow! Ow!" Marcy glared at her cousin.

"I'm trying to help." Karou squeezed tighter.

They all heard a cracking sound. "Get off me!"

"Did your spine just snap?!"

"Get off me before I snap your neck."

"Mean." Karou let her go.

Marcy winced as she bent over a little. "I gotta soak in the tub."

"You're getting old." Quinn teased.

"You'll beat me there!" Marcy shook a fist as she hobbled upstairs.

Mercedes finished cleaning up and the trio followed Marcy up the steps. "Who's watching the twins tonight?"

"Mrs. C." Marcy tied her hair into a loose knot then put a plastic cap over it to protect it from the water in her bath. "Or Ms. Judy. I left it up to them."

"Mom would love to keep them." Quinn said. "She should tell Mrs. C that she wants to keep them."

Marcy shrugged and left to run her bubble bath in the tub in the big bathroom in the hall. She used watermelon bubble bath and melon fizz balls.