Shop Around

"I'm taking a break. I didn't know I even had so many books!" Mercedes came in and sat on Marcy's bed.

"Told you." The sisters had done their running around for the day and were now packing. Well Marcy still was. "Putting away this art work is a mess."

"Are you going to decorate your place with your art?"

"Maybe? I don't have much up." Marcy fit the top on a crate.

"I can't wait to go shopping for stuff. I've never decorated a whole house before."

Marcy broke down her easel and put it in a crate with loose supplies. "It shouldn't be all that different than decorating a bedroom."

"I can't wait to get started. Did you paint your place?"

"Yeah. Every room's a different color."

"Now that's cool! I want to do that."

"I'm sure the place is painted. Or you can hire an interior decorator and have it professionally done."

"Nah. I'd rather Quinn and I did it."

Marcy shrugged before sitting on a crate and reaching for her writing tablet to strike artwork off her list of things to pack. "I don't have much furniture in my house at all. I have a bed, dresser and a bunch of hangers in my room. The twins have a full suit. There's the play room. And I have a table and chairs in the sunroom."

"That's it?!"

"Yup."

"We really have to buy stuff now!"

"Oh! I have a card table and chair in my office."

"That's sad." Mercedes sat up. "What else have you got to pack?"

"I packed all of my bookcases. I packed all my artwork. Now I have my clothes. I'm leaving my desk locked and everything will just ship inside it. Then I'm going to pack all my stuffed animals and pillows. I have a tonne of those so I'll have the kids help me with that."

"I'm nowhere near as done as that. I have so much to pack."

"Want help?"

"You just don't want to shop."

"One has nothing to do with the other."

Mercedes laughed. "How about I help you first?"

"We'll knock it out before Laura gets back with the kids." Marcy slid off the crate and walked to her closet.

"Are you going to pack the bathroom?" Mercedes followed.

"It'll take two boxes at most." She assured her as she began taking clothing off hangers and rolling them to put in boxes.

"Why are you rolling them?"

"They take up less space that way and I'll be able to pack more."

"Hmm." Mercedes started rolling clothes and stacked them in boxes.

The two worked quickly and before half an hour was up, they were done. Marcy grabbed scarves, hats, belts and the like. "Now a box or two for accessories."

"Shoes are going to be a hassle." Mercedes noted as they packed the boxes.

"Shouldn't be. I have mostly chucks and boots."

"Yeah but boxes with shoes tear."

"Which is why I have tubs." Marcy pointed to the blue plastic.

"Smart thinking! I was wondering why you bought those!"

"Okay, this is done. Let's pack up my vanity. I don't have much hair and makeup stuff so that'll just be a box."

"I'll do it. You start on the shoes." Mercedes went to grab a box then went to the lime green vanity that matched her lavender one. She sat down and opened the drawers to take everything out and throw it in the box. She threw in hair ties, scrunchies, hair clips, claws, bows and ribbons. She tossed in a curling iron, two flatirons and a brush and comb set. Then she threw in all the makeup her sister had, which mostly consisted of lip products and eye liner. "You know you shouldn't use this makeup."