Laying Foundation

"You wanna talk now?" Mike asked, rolling onto his back.

    Feeling her heartbeat return to normal, Mercedes turned her head. "Yeah. Probably should have after the first time."

    He smirked. "I think we had to burn through some energy first."

    "Well it's been a couple hours." She checked the clock. "Or five. How is that possible?!"

    "A lot of energy, Merce!" He laughed. "Five hours worth!"

    She smiled and traced his laugh lines. "And it was worth it. I want to tell you I'm sorry."

    He frowned. "About what? This?"

    "No! No! No!" Her eyes widened. "This was great. I meant I'm sorry about last time. Instead of listening to you or explaining it better, I basically told you I wanted Puck and refused to see reason. I'm so sorry."

    His face evened out. "I'm sorry I pushed you. You probably never thought of me like that and I just pushed my feelings onto you."

    "What feelings exactly?" She peered at him in confusion. "It all seemed to come out of left wing."

    He took a deep breath. "I've had a crush on you for years. Actually you and Quinn but yours never went away. Then I started liking T and I pushed it away."

She frowned.

"I really loved T so don't get crazy!" He clarified. "Then this year, I don't know. It came back but stronger. I've wanted to tell you so many times but I didn't want to say it over Skype or text. I wanted to see your face. But then we had sex and you told me about Puck."

    She laid her hand on his chest. "I'm sorry I threw him in your face."

    He patted her hand. "I felt like I wasn't good enough so I made up my mind to distance myself. It was killing me. But when I got here, it wasn't worth it. I'd rather have you as a friend than nothing at all. But then that couple at the mall? They got me to thinking. Maybe we could be more so I got advice from Q-Card."

    "Which would be?!" Mercedes was all over the place emotionally but mostly flattered.

    "To pursue you kinda like Sam did last year. Give you space but make sure I stayed on your radar. Show you how it would be if we were together." He admitted.

    She laughed. "Quinn knows me too well! Since we're sharing; I got advice from Santana."

    He made a face. "Do I even wanna know?"

    "She told me to make her our kids' godmother." She watched his face carefully.

    And wasn't disappointed. A smile bloomed across his features. "Really now?"

    She nodded. "She said we made sense. And for me to talk to you. Before, too. She even said you were a better man than Sam."

    "High praise." He mocked. "I guess she can be godmother."

    She rolled over and sprawled across him. "We'd have to have kids for that."

    "Are you fishin for a proposal, Jones?" He raised an eyebrow.

    She snorted. "You know I don't fish for anything! But I am telling you that I'm more than willing to see where this will go."

    "I'm going to tell you now..." He warned. "I fully intend for this to last for a century."

    "We're 18! A whole century?"

    "You know Mom has that cure-all made from panda hair and tofu."