In Your Darkest Nights

Mercedes fit her babydoll tunic over her head and pulled it down. It was the softest shirt she owned. It was the only blue shirt she'd left unpacked. She grabbed her blue jean pedal pushers and slipped into them, wiggling to get all of her backside into them before sliding her feet into strappy wedges. The straps traveled up her leg in black satiny fabric.

She brushed her hair into two ponytails at the sides of her head and put a headband on. She put on black eyeliner, a little blue eye shadow and a nude lipstick before putting on jewelry and spritzing on perfume.

She exited her room and walked downstairs to the kitchen. "Good morning, everybody!"

"Good morning, Princess." Marcus rumbled from behind the paper.

"Good morning, Mercy." Rose chirped as she plated up eggs.

"Mornin, Sis." Marc was reading a section of the paper, too.

"What's up?" Marcy was pouring juice for the twins.

Mercedes sat down. "Hi, babies."

"Tia!" The twins shouted.

She smiled at them. "Did you have a good sleep?"

They nodded.

She looked at Marcy. "Did you?"

The green eyed dancer shrugged. "It was okay."

It was better than nothing. Mercedes poured herself some orange juice and drank it.

Rose brought dishes of eggs, toast, potatoes and bacon to the table and sat down.

Marcus folded the paper and set it aside. Marc did the same. They joined hands and Marcus said a prayer. After lifting their heads, he looked around the table. "What's the plan for the day?"

"I'm picking Joe and Mon up from the airport. They're taking separate flights so I got to get them at different times." Marc said. "We're probably going to hang out today."

"Good." Marcus accepted two pieces of toast.

"I'm going to finish Mercy's car. I hope to be done before glee." Marcy said.

"What exactly do you have to do?"

"Put the tank in, fill it then rewire some things. After that is just testing to make sure the car doesn't blow up. Then she can drive it home."

"Be careful while you're doing all that. What about you, Princess?"

Mercedes shrugged. "Might just watch her tinker with the car. I really don't have any plans."

"Aren't you excited about your car?"

"I am. I can't believe after all these years; I'll be able to drive it. I don't know what to do with my car though. I was thinking of giving it to Tina."

"Really? She'll love that." Marcy scooped out some eggs.

"I know. I know her parents can barely afford to send her to Brown so a new car is out the question."

"That's charitable of you, Princess. Always look out for your friends." Marcus nodded.

"The trucks are coming tomorrow." Marc cleared his throat.

"Trucks?" Rose asked.

"To pick up my stuff? I'll be gone Saturday night to Monday morning to make sure everything goes smoothly."

"Are you sure you want to leave?" Marcy asked.

"I kinda need to. Why?"

"Mikey was telling me that he wanted to have family game night Sunday."