It Feels a Lot Like Slapsgiving

"And she slapped me!" Santana waved her hands empathically. "So I slapped her back."

"You two." Mercedes meant to exclaim the statement but she couldn't. She didn't have it in her.

"What's going on with you?" Santana peered at her. It was after the competition and after everything had settled down, Santana had grabbed Mercedes and dragged her to her house for a little girl time. "You've been acting funny all day."

"Nothing's wrong." Mercedes blinked slowly. She leaned back against Santana's pillows and drew her legs closer to her chest.

"Yes, there is." Santana crawled over to Mercedes and wrapped her arms around her. "You can talk to me, Chica."

"You can't tell anyone!" Mercedes bit her lip.

"I promise."

"I slept with Mike."

"Whoa!" Santana reared back. "Why? When? What are you going to do? How was it? Was he big?"

"Santana!"

The girl stopped. "Sorry."

"This isn't the first time."

"No way!" Santana jumped up. "Tell me everything!"

Mercedes explained about growing up with Quinn and Mike. "But we had sex last night."

"How was it?" The old Santana asked but the new Santana continued, "How did it make you feel?"

"It was amazing. It always was." Mercedes reached for her toes and bent them. "But last night felt right. Like coming home after a long day or a warm shower after playing in the snow all day."

"I'm shocked a little by Q but if it felt good, what's the problem?"

"What to choose?! Tina. Sam. Where we live. Our friendship. Puck!" Mercedes covered her face.

"What does Puckerman have to do with anything?"

"He lives with me."

"No way!" Santana shouted. "Why didn't you tell us?"

"I didn't tell anyone but my parents and Quinn and Mike." Mercedes looked away.

"Don't you live in a dorm?"

Mercedes nodded.

"So how does that work?"

"He sleeps in my bed with me and it's like we live in an apartment together. As long as he leaves my roommate's stuff alone and don't bring women back to the room, she's good."

"He sleeps in the bed with you?" Santana smirked. "I bet he hates not being able to touch!"

"Who said he doesn't?"

Santana's eyes widened.

"The bed isn't that big, Santana."

"Oh!" The girl wiped her forehead as if wiping away sweat. "I thought you were saying you're having sex with Puck!"

"I am." Mercedes monotoned.

Santana screeched. "How? When? Why? What?!"

"I've been sleeping with Puck since sophomore year."

"You bitch!" Santana punched Mercedes' arm. "Why didn't you tell me?! We could have bonded!"

"We did bond, you lunatic!" Mercedes rubbed her arm. "We didn't do anything until after May though."