Operation: Quick Part II

Mercedes hung up from a call from her manager. The man was hounding her about how he wanted the video to be but it wasn't her style. Her grandmother didn't take her clothes off to be heard so she wouldn't either.

She rubbed her temples before throwing the phone on the bed. Ozzie yipped. "I know, Ozzie. These people are going to make my hair fall out."

Ozzie yipped again before settling down.

She scratched his head then sat on her bed beside him and her phone. "We didn't find a number today, Ozzie. But Daddy's coming over tomorrow to try again. I'm trying to stay uplifted but I'm not made for this."

"Mercy?" A voice called.

She sat up. "Momma?"

"I'm going out." Rose poked her head in the door. "I have a business dinner so do you want money for takeout?"

"Yes. Tana and Quinn are coming over."

Rose nodded. "What were you thinking? Thai? Italian? Chinese? Mexican?"

Mercedes thought about it. "I think Italian. You know how Santana is about breadsticks."

"Okay. I'll leave the money in the kitchen. Don't wait up for me."

"Where's Daddy?"

"Working late."

"Okay. I'll see you in the morning."

"Bye, baby." Rose left.

Mercedes laid back flat and thought about if she could look through the file more before Santana and Quinn came. She picked up her phone and texted both girls to let them know she was ordering from Breadstix.

Santana immediately texted back five smiley faces. Quinn texted that she was okay with it.

Mercedes asked them what did they want. Quinn wanted something simple; roasted chicken with roasted veggies and a chef's salad. Mercedes thought about it. She would go with Fettecine Alfredo and a Greek salad.

Santana texted that she wanted spaghetti and meatballs with a garden salad.

Mercedes placed the call and they said they'd be thirty minutes. Santana had never been in her room so she hoped the highly opinionated girl would like it.

She texted her girls so they'd know before going downstairs for three glasses and a bottle of wine. She brought them upstairs and set it all on her desk then took the file from under her bed and put it in her desk.

She went about cleaning her room since she had nothing to do then fed her dog. She came back upstairs and checked her phone. She had a few messages so she responded.

She was so involved with texting Mike something really playful but inappropriate, she didn't hear anyone in the house.

"Boo!"

Mercedes jumped. "Quinn! Why'd you do that?!"

"Because it was possible."

"I can't stand you."

"You love me."

"Prove it."

Quinn came over and sat on the bed then hugged Mercedes. "We are one."

"This is not the Lion King!"

"I'm still on calling Mal wild." Quinn grinned.

"He tormented you last night, didn't he?"

"I'm going to get him back. Don't you worry."

"I am worried. I'm very worried." The doorbell rang. "I'll get it."