Try

I feel lost sometimes. I have little guidance in this world, and a feel as though I direct myself through life. No one is ever there to help. No one really tries to help. When I was put on this Earth, I was made like a bomb. No one knows I was made, no one cares, and I always stay hidden. You don't take a bomb out without purpose, and I'm the same way. The military will wait for the one day they will need the bomb, and then they'll ship it off to deal with war. The war will be long, and the bomb may never be touched, it will survive the war and continue to be a highly explosive bomb. But sometimes, the bomb explodes during war. It is used or it malfunctions and goes off.
I am a bomb being shipped to war.

I am Samantha. I live in a great big world, and I have almost no one. My mother left as soon as the umbilical cord was cut, my father died from something I was never allowed to know about, I lived with my grandmother for a while until she kicked the bucket, and I supposedly have a 'long lost' brother. Life is constantly trying to strangle me. Whenever I start to cry for over thinking things or for no reason, death comes knocking at my door, but I am strong enough to push my weight against the door and latch it shut.

But lately, the door is getting harder and harder to shut. Death always shouts through the crack in the door he can take me away from all my problems. He can make everything bad go away. It is a tempting offer, but truthfully, deep in my heart, I am scared of him. I do not want to join him, but I want to join him. If that makes any sense.

I keep trying though. I keep staying inside. I don't walk out the door with Death. I will keep searching for an escape hatch or a window that leaves the broken, gross room I am stuck in day in, and day out. I won't give up until I have too. I am not going out the easy way. The door is too easy to open up. I will hunt, I will find a window, I will find an escape. I will escape. And what keeps me from the door is the confidence I have in myself to find another way out of the dark room.

Yesterday I was sitting in the room like any other day. It was dark, broken, gross, smelly, and scary like usual. But then out of nowhere, I here a voice. I swiftly get to my feet and check the door. It isn't Death's voice talking. I turn around. I check all the walls, but I see nothing. I check the floor, still nothing. I swore I heard a voice, but I sat back down and forced myself to forget about it.
But today, I heard the voice again. It laughed sweetly.

It scared me to hear someone's voice I did not recognize, but it was someone's voice other then Death speaking. So to test the waters, I called out to the voice. "Hello?" I nervously said at first.

I got no response. But I was determined to find the voice. "Hello?" I called again.

"I know where a window is in this room." It responded after a while.

"Really?" I felt my heart lift with joy. "Where do I find it?" I asked the voice with excitment.

I felt something warm touch my hand. It made me jump at first, but the warm gript my hand. It made my entire body warm, and the warmth felt odd, but so familar. Like an old friend. The warmth took a firm grip of my hand. "You don't have to find it by youself." The voice rang out agian. "I will help you find it."

This is my story.