Chapter: 27 I Wanna Hold Your Hand

4 Month's Later...

Samantha's P.O.V.

Being April now, and it's hard to believe how long I've been without hurting myself. Being a new month also meant I had known Niall for a little over a half year. So much had happened, and it was all for the better.

My life has finally found a track to go on, and I slowly, but surely, am deciding what exactly I'm going to do with it. My job at AppleBees is only the best a person could ask for. The customers aren't always the best, but the staff is awesome. Not only have a befriended some co-workers, but even my boss is somewhat of my friend. I have never had that before. Usually my bosses hate me.

After work now, I can also walk across the street to the dollar store I visited New Years to talk with my friend who now works the balloon counter. She is really nice once you get to know her, but piss her off with a balloon order and she might attempt to strangle you. Actually, I take that back, she has gotten better. Now she only calls you names under her breath. She really is making progress. I grab her, she clocks out and then we go to night classes 7-10. I am surprised she dropped out of high school actually, she is very smart. But then again, being smart doesn't mean you won't drop out.

For the most part, I like school now. It isn't as stressful with all the homework and immature teenagers picking on you. You learn at your own pace, and you are pretty much guaranteed graduation after a few months. My friend who works at the dollar store, Elly-Ann, still hates school, but I convinced her to do it.

Being a legalized adult ever since February, makes me feel older. I don't know why, but as soon as I came to the terms the US has given to be considered an adult, I feel more mature on the inside. It really is cool. And with the new feelings of being an official adult, comes new ideas. Like now, I want my driver's license, and I want to be able to order things that are on the TV that only allow buyers 18 years or older. Being an adult already has been 10x better then being a kid was for me.

Speaking of being an adult, I had to become an adult somehow, and that was obviously my birthday that proved it. My birthday already was a few months ago, and it was the best. Elly-Ann and I hung out all day, getting the day off, we made our way through the streets of New York. We got some kind of fancy coffee from Starbucks, went out to lunch at this grilled cheese place called The Melt Shop (highly recommended by the way), went to Elly-Ann's house to watch a movie, and Skyped with Niall. He agreed to not buying me anything since he had already done so much, but that didn't mean he didn't do anything. My birthday was the day he officially asked me out on a date. And after freaking out a bit, I agreed. Due to being back on the road, we couldn't have an actual date until he was around here again, and the time he comes around the area just so happens to be in April.

Since February, we have had a few 'dates' over Skype, just flirting, and being silly, and sometimes talking a little romantically. It was fun sometimes, but I couldn't wait to have my first for real date with him. Now, I sit on the bed, looking in the mirror above my headstand, gussying up. I felt so alive knowing later tonight, Niall's plane would be at the airport, and I would get to see him again. I could already feel his hug and smell his cologne on my skin. I smiled thinking about it, and made myself even more giddy for the night that laid ahead.

I stood up on my bed and checked out my outfit. It was the dress I had bought a while back shopping with Taylor. It was so pretty; black and white stripes with little red roses, and it fit oh so well. It hugged my curves in all the right places, and it was so soft to the touch. I couldn't help but sway and let the bottom of the dress slap my thighs. I fell back down on my bed, and allowed pillows to flip on top of me. In a matter of two hours, I would get to see Niall again. But, I would also get to see him in a whole new light for the first time. This time, he would be my first date. And this time, my hands will be clammy, I will have nerves exploding in my body, and own a bad case of the butt sweats.