Chapter: 17 Thrift Shop

Samantha's P.O.V.

"Do you think he would like this?" I asked, eyeing the blue plaid shirt I held by the hanger. I saw Elly-Ann out of the corner of my eye shrug uncomfortably. I sighed and put the shirt back on the rack. It was only a day after finding out I would be traveling over seas for Christmas with Niall, and I was already shopping. I just felt compelled and itching to go on a quick shopping spree. You know, just so I am prepared if I get news I have to pack up and go the airline all in one day. 

"Got any suggestions?" I looked at Elly-Ann. "You are probably closer to being a guy then I am. What would you buy yourself?"

She began to walk past me. "You're asking to be murdered in you sleep." She mumbled to me as she past. I smirked, then watched her head to the rear wall of the store. I instinctively followed her like a lost puppy. She dodged people and racks alike, assertively driving her way through the crowd, while on the other hand everything and everyone I bumped into, I apologized. Before I knew it, she came to a halt, and me not paying a great deal of attention, almost ran into her. I skimmed her back a little, and almost tripped myself to stop. Somehow though I managed to just do some Michael Jackson dance with my feet really quickly and caught myself. 

Elly-Ann gave me the evil eye for touching her. "Look," she drew my attention towards the great wall of hats. So many snap-backs lined up and down on the shelves, it made it hard to focus on only one hat. Many new Jets and Giants hats especially due to football season, while everything else seemed to be higher up on the box shelves. As I skimmed through the rows of lined up hats, Elly-Ann wandered over to the left of the shelf. I didn't pay much attention to her, seeing as I was too busy myself. I didn't know exactly what kind of hat to get him. Do I get some bland orange and green one? Or do I give him a bit of New York with a Yankees hat or something?

As I thought and contemplated what hat to get, a huge heap of hats with arms wrapped around them all and walking legs approached me. I looked at it funny, thinking it was something out of a horrible horror movie, until I saw them all drop and reveal Elly-Ann's dorky face. She heaved, put her hands on her hips and looked at the hats she collected. "That was a hell of a lot of snap-backs to convey, I have eleven in there."

"Eleven?" I asked.

"That's what I just fucking said." She remarked. "There is a cool sale going on right now. Buy four hats and get anything else in the store free. That is, if only the hats are snap-backs and there is only four, and the one free thing in the store is under $50 at normal pricing."

I squinted my eyes and smiled. "You read the fine print, didn't you?"

She laughed. "Duh, you have to if you want the deal promised." She said. "So I gathered just a few caps that may suit your lover. We put back seven."

"Lover?"

"Oh shut the hell up and choose what hats you want!"

I shook my head, then bent down to look at all the hats. A Central Perk Hat, two Yankees hats, a Rangers hat, a Perry the Platypus one, a green one with a four leaf clover on it colored like an Irish flag, a Giants, a Spongebob one, one just labelled NEW YORK in colorful letters, and two blank different colored hats. 
I grabbed the NEW YORK one just to have one that screams, "Hey I've Been To New York!", the Irish four leaf clover (of course), and the Perry the Platypus one. I couldn't think of one more to pick up, so I just stared at each hat again, really trying to feel one that I could see him wearing. 

"Can you not think of one more to grab?" Elly-Ann hovered over me. 

I shook my head. "I'm just not feeling him wearing any more of these..."