Chapter: 26 Kiss You

Samantha's P.O.V.

After work, I was pooped. Last night I had not gotten much sleep considering I kept waking up cold. But I guess it was my own fault for giving away my quilt.

I never did go fully asleep because the sound my teeth chattering kept me up. I felt so sorry for myself when the alarm on my phone rang and I realized I had a sleepless night and now had to work all day. Nevertheless, I dragged my butt out of bed at seven and got ready for work.

The day was fairly slow since it was the New Year tonight, and most people were ordering pizza instead of going out to eat. I still had a tiresome day, probably resulting from the lack of sleep mixed with all the running around. I really wanted to go home and nap straight away, but I had previously promised Elly-Ann we could spend today doing something until it got late.

Unable to cancel our plans do to most certain guilt, I agreed to meet her at the dollar store across the street from work. When the clock struck five p.m. I finished cleaning the tables I was in charge of, and rushed to clock out. I swiped my card and ended my shift for the night. I grabbed my coat and dashed out the back door.

I ran across the street, jaywalking because I'm a rebel like that, and I managed to dodge traffic well enough to make it to the dollar store alive. I stopped right before entering to catch my breathe because I'm in horrible shape, and then I entered the cheap store.

Right when I entered, I saw Elly-Ann by the balloon counter, waiting on me. I began walking up to her until I caught her eye, and she ran the rest of the way towards me.

___________________________________________

Elly-Ann's P.O.V.

I couldn't believe the night we were about to have, Samantha and I. It wasn't going to be the best day spent with me, but there indeed was a grand finale by midnight. I had scraped a plan together with the help of a new commrad who was given my telephone number, and though I do not know him that well, he does have some stunning ideas.

With his ideas bunched together, and the astute brain I have functioning, we devised a plan that surely could change my confidant's life forever. And the idea to change a mentally unstable person's ways forever is significant. So while Niall makes his ways work with the help of his money, me, and IKEA, all I am supposed to do is distract the receiver. I plan on browsing the dollar store, watch a few acts downtown at the ball drop event, then head back to my house and talk until I get a text from Niall that I can bring her over.

Right when I saw Samantha, I put this plan into action.

"Hello," I greeted her.

"Salutations," She replied.

I narrowed my eyes to stare her down. "What the fuck are you? Some kind of alien?"

She laughed at me. "No, I just thought salutations was how smart people said hi."

I rolled my eyes. "Well we can tell you never finished school wise ass." I gave her a, 'I was only kidding', face and she giggled like a Japanese girl.

"Funny," She blankly said, making her laughter go from 100 to 0 in a matter of milliseconds. "So what are we doing tonight?"

"Shop around here maybe, go see one or two acts at the ball drop, and end it off at my house."

"Hmmm... That's a lot to do when I'm so sleepy. I guess we can do it all, on one condition-"

"Yes I have hot chocolate packets at my house."

She laughed. "Cool. You know just how to convince someone to do what you want don't you?"

I shrugged. "I try." And without another word, we walked down the aisle in the store neighboring where we were. It was a food aisle, and my 'pantry' was running quite empty, so I picked up some processed shit that was only essential to the human body's health. I collected Veggie Straws, Sour Patch Kids, two Ramen Noodle packets, taco shells, and processed cheese.