Chapter: 20 Shiny Happy People

Samantha's P.O.V. 

"You ready for this?" He turned to ask me before he opened the front door. His key had already unlocked the front door, and all that was between the first impression and me was that door. I gulped, shoving my nerves down. By now, I had felt nervous all day about different things, and I knew how to get rid of it. I closed my eyes, thought about a fun hockey game with my friends and shook my head.
"Yeah, I'm ready."

I heard the door creak open and I opened my eyes. What I saw, made my jaw drop. There was a long, hardwood hallway that led into a huge room with wall windows straight ahead. To the right was an open arch to what I could only assume was the kitchen, because all I could see was black and white tiled floor. And to my left was nice wooden stairs covered with a little red carpet. The house's interior right away wasn't what really impressed me though. It was the decor.

Up and down the halls, the almond colored walls were bordered with holly and white little Christmas lights. On a side table in the hall was a little Christmas train, with Santa wheeling a ton of presents behind him in carts. The train was on a track, and it moved around slowly, producing pretty instrumentals of famous Christmas songs.
The stair railing had holly and lights strapped around it, making it really glow. Niall stepped inside and motioned his hand for me to follow him in. I took a step inside and looked down to see a 'Let it Snow' mat underneath my feet. I was amazed with all the Christmas stuff. 

Niall seemed to notice my awe, so he said, "Like it? My mum loves Christmas decorating."

I nodded my head furiously, still studying the small portion of the house in all it's Christmas glory. I heard him chuckle slightly at me, and heard him wipe his feet on the poor Christmas mat. I heard the struggle of him trying to hop around one foot, and then heard a clank of a shoe falling to the ground. I slid my shoes off easily using my heel and toes, and sat them down close enough to the door, but not in the way. "Mum! We're here!" Niall shouted, shocking me out of my trance and breaking my eardrums.

I heard the sound of feet hit the hardwood floor in the room right ahead of us. The sound of a few creaking boards, and distinguishable footsteps. Suddenly, around the hallway corner appeared a short, but sweet looking middle-aged women. Her eyes widened when she saw me as soon as our eyes meet each other. She smiled, and walked up to me, never breaking eye contact. "Well you must be Samantha." She stuck her hand out.

I shook her hand. "Yes, hello." I greeted her with a big smile. The kind of smile that almost makes you close your eyes. 

She returned such a smile. "Can I just tell you how pretty you are! Niall told me you were pretty, but usually his taste isn't attractive."

"Mum!" Niall yelled at her. He seemed slightly red in the cheeks with blush. "I never said anything like that!"

I giggled at him, and he shot me an evil look. Niall's mother watched us exchanged looks until she interfered. "Hush Niall, you know you said it." She slapped his back and he pretended it burned like holy water on a demon. She looked straight at me again. "Samantha, would you like me to guide you to the guest room were you will be staying?"

"Sure." I said simply.

"I bet you're sore and tired from that plane ride." She said to me. "Niall, will you take both her bags for her? You would be a bad host if you didn't."

"You would be a bad host if you didn't..." He mocked her voice as I handed him the gym bag. He went up the stairs, still with his head down in a silly pouting position. I giggled at him, I knew he was very much over exaggerating. 

As I watched him walk up, I felt a hand grab my shoulder. "Let's follow him up, and how about after a good night's rest I give you a tour of the place?"