Chapter: 13 Come Get It Bae

Samantha's P.O.V

"Yeah, about a month now." I cheerfully said as I pushed the bowl of macaroni into the microwave. I was talking to Niall on Skype about how long I had been discharged from the hospitial now. Of course, I was going back to the hospital twice a week for therapy, but it was better staying there two or three hours rather than twenty-four. 

"That's awesome!" He said excitedly. 

"I know," I said. "And I'm never going back to that hell hole, I swear." I shook my head at the thought of having to stay there for months on end. 

"But I thought you had made some friends there, and improved."

'Yeah, that's true. I mean, being in there did help me. Don't ask me to ever admit that to one of those nurses though. And I did make A FRIEND. But don't make me tell her that, I don't know if she would like it." 

Niall laughed. "Well at least life is somewhat better."

"Yeah..." I said with doubt in my voice. "I mean I got friends now, help with whatever is going on with me physiologically, and hell because I was fired from my old job because I couldn't show up, I got a new job as a waitress at AppleBees." I fluttered like I was high. "It's a nice environment there."

"Whoa, wait." Niall cut me off before I could talk about my new job. "Environment? When did you start reading the big word book?"

I giggled. "Big word book? It's called a dictionary." I corrected him.

"See!" He pointed at the camera. "You even know what it is called!" He gasped like I just told him I murdered someone. "You HAVE been reading it!"

I giggled. "No, I have just been hanging around my physio friend Elly-Ann too long." I said. " I fear she might me somewhat of a sociopath."

"Hold up!" He said putting both his hands up like a cop. "Now you're just down right scaring me. Sociopath?! What even is that?!"

"A sociopath is someone who acts-"

"No! I don't even want to know. You need to stop reading the dictionary so much. Soon enough you're going to be smarter than me." He cut me off widely flaring his hands.

I laughed. "I think I already am smarter then you brain boy." I made fun of him. "Besides this is you on the smart radar," I made a flat hand around the area below my breast. "And this is me." I sky rocketed my hand above my head. 

He chuckled and shook his head. "You have a huge ego now." He said. "I've created a monster."

"I know." I giggled, my microwave beeped and I popped open the door. I pulled out my mac-and-cheese. I found the fork that was lying in the sink, and stirred the powdered cheese into my pasta. Maybe the fork was dirty, I don't care or remember if I washed it. Whoops. 
I set my phone on the top of the microwave, and used one of my hands to hold the cup, and one to stir. I took a minute, and finally decided it looked like macaroni enough to eat.

I picked up the phone again in one hand, and grabbed my macaroni in the other. I made my way to the couch and sat down. I somehow didn't feel as bad when I looked around the room, sitting on the couch. It was the same couch, and the apartment was still depressing as shit, but something about having my new phone in hand, talking to a friend, made my apartment more homely. If that makes any sense. I turned and rested my back on the arm of the couch, sat the bowl in my lap, and balanced my phone on my leg. 

I put my first fork full of food in my mouth. I sucked so badly at making this crap, and yet a 12 year old home alone can make this better blindfolded. But I chewed and swallowed. It wasn't horrible, so I went in for my second fork full. "Did you happen to see that twit cam yesterday by the way?" Niall asked me out of the blue at the worst time. I had a good mouth full of rubber cheesy pasta, and had to put up my index finger as a 'hold on' sign.