Chapter: 28 Let the Music do the Talking

Samantha's P.O.V.

I just happened to acquire a pair of tickets to a certain concert the next next day after last night's date with Niall. Two tickets, front row, with backstage passes included. Now you may think I bought these expensive tickets on line, but you would be wrong. Actually, by now you probably know I did not buy tickets. Niall had given them to me, inviting Elly-Ann and me to his One Direction concert. I wasn't really planning on going, but how could I turn down concert tickets? Let alone tickets to see Niall do what he does best. So I took off work early, went to Elly-Ann's home, got ready, and headed over to the arena on foot.

While it took about 45 minutes walking, neither of us looked super cute, so a long walk didn't damage us in any way. We actually had similar looks going on. Both of us had straightened our hair, light blue eye shadow, and very light teal blush just to bring out our cheek bones. However, our outfits were pretty different, only expressing our individual and different taste. While I wore a light blue skirt with a teal shirt to match the whole get up, Elly-Ann had on a black and white striped shirt, a pair of pocket less black short shorts, only accessorized with some black suspenders and with a black and white striped bow in her straight hair too. She looked decent for once. Not wearing the same white t-shirt and brown cargo shorts that she literally wore everyday. Still surprised she hasn't come out of the closet yet.

We made it to the arena with time to spare. We found our seats after a while of searching, and sat down with the rest of the front row V.I.Ps. I felt so awkward among all the other fans. Knowing later in the show they will be screaming and singing words to each and every songs, and I'll be here just attempting to fit in. Oh how fun this will be. All I do is try to think of Niall, and hope that this concert will be fun and make me forget about the judgment I will probably be receiving.

As the arena becomes fuller and louder, I check my watch ready for the show, and not a minute after I happened to check, the opening act makes their way out.
They call themselves 5 Seconds of Summer because I'd like to believe 2 Minutes of Winter was already taken. While they already seemed to have a solid fan base among these girls, I don't know how well I like them. They are okay, do not hurt me, but I just don't know. Elly-Ann actually seemed to enjoy their music, and she kind of got into it. But then again, she just likes shouting.

After they finished bowing, some stage hands came in to quickly prepare the stage for the headliner, One Direction. I chatted with Elly-Ann about the last band, which had got her all hyped up. I shot her a silly look after a while, knowing she liked something about the band. I asked her of it was a dude in the band, and in response she cursed at me until the show started. I'm gonna say she just likes their music, but I think deep down I can realize she liked one of them.
After a stern curse session, the arena went dark and a few colored spot lights circled the stage. A deep British voice started to talk, and everywhere around me teenaged girls lost their minds. Screaming filled the arena, and it was even louder than at the airport. I scrambled to cover my ears and I looked over at Elly-Ann, hoping somehow her smart ass could save my ears. She felt my eyes on her, and looked at me. She saw I was covering my ears and laughed. "I knew something like this would happen you idiot." She said, then dug into her gym shoe. To my rescue, out she pulled a plastic baggie with ear plugs inside. I knew she was a genius.

I ripped open the bag as fast as I could and put the ear plugs in, clogging up my sense of hearing like a cold would do to a nose. I lowered my hands from my head once the ear plugs were secured in my ears. The sounds all around me were still there, but they were muffled. My body relaxed finally. This was nice. I would be able to hear the songs while my eardrums stayed nicely in my head. And all the time I had just spent admiring the ear plugs used up the time before One Direction came on stage, and before I knew it, they were on stage. The crowd roared with excitement. Up on stage I saw Harry, Louis, Liam, Zayn, and of course, Niall. I smiled upon seeing him. He was already starting to jump around as they went into their first song. I liked seeing him do what he does best. He just looked so happy up there, so it made me feel happy.