Chapter: 31 Dangerous

Samantha's P.O.V.

I thought everything was going to be okay, I really believed that somehow everything would be fixed magically. I am such a fool to think so. By now, every fan of One Direction knew who I was, and it was only about a week since Niall posted a picture on twitter of us together. I had no idea I was so famous, or infamous for that matter. I had no clue what would happen a week ago, but I was convinced whatever may happen, things would be okay.

That isn't exactly how it turned out. While I lived my daily life normally, failing to be yet recognised, everything was normal. I went to work, went to lunch with Elly-Ann, back to work, finished the day up at Applebee's, walked back home, and just hung around the house. Every aspect of my daily life had not changed, and I was really at the point of shrugging off the scary idea that someone could find out where I live, because no one had yet found me. But, that changed today. I was walking home again, exhausted from work like usual, but I still had plans to Skype Niall and change the light bulbs around the house. I walked briskly across Manhattan street, almost able to see my building. I had not taken the bus in a while because money was tight like usual, but this time I may have taken one to many baths and the water bill was starting to kill me. Of course though, when I crossed the street, I couldn't help but think of how nice a hot bubble bath would be tonight before bed.

I stared ahead, my apartment now in view. I smiled upon seeing my home, unable to wait for the moment I could walk up to my room and collapse on my bed. But, something in the distance caught my attention. It looked like a few people just standing at the front of my building. Right away, my worry set in and I grew scared of the people standing there. I calmed myself however, and assured myself it was some joggers taking a break, or tourist stopping to check their map. I soon enough, shrugged it off and kept walking. The closer I came the more I could see the people.

The one nearest to me had on white jeans and a light pink short sleeved shirt. She had blonde hair pinned up in some complex bun style. She was about average height, but she was tall enough to hide the other people from my sight. I wasn't so short I couldn't see past her, in fact I was the exact opposite standing at 5'7 and 1/2, but her father was no glass maker. A little startled they were still unmoved, I slowed down my walk, cautiously. I kept moving forward, one foot at a time, much like a elderly person reliant to a cane. I finally came to a measure of no more than two yards from the apartment complex, when the few people turned their heads and spotted me. They all spun their bodies around to face me, and I felt like there was going to be a West Side showdown. I gulped. There stood four girls, all silent and not smiling. This was kind of reminding me of high school.

I continued to walk nevertheless, brave for once in my pathetic life. I hoped they were just staring me down, but when I was only about three feet away from the front door, the blonde bombshell who clearly was not on her period, spoke up.
"Hi," She said rather abrupt.

I stopped walking and acknowledged her. "Uh, hi." I spoke rather quiet and nervously. This was scaring me a little, and nothing was frightening yet.

"Are you Samantha McBloom?" A smaller, tanned girl asked. She was very tiny, and her voice sounded quiet and sweet. I felt like she was older than how she appeared judging by the others all being close in age.

I sucked in my bottom lip and my cheeks went pink. I was nervous, but I nodded. "Yes, I am."

"And this is where you live?" The same tiny girl asked again.

I was afraid to say anything. I mean it was already obvious  I was residing in this apartment, but did anyone really want to reveal where they lived? I sleep here for God sake. I don't want everyone knowing where I let my guard down. I do not want to end up as another Bloody Face victim. I just looked at the girls, scanning each one of them, seeing if they had anything besides purses they could harm me with. I saw nothing really, that is, unless they are deadly assassins who know how to use anything as a weapon. In that case, I'm screwed.
But, I made an escape anyway. I suddenly burst into a jog diagonal, and flung the door of the complex open. I heard someone shout 'hey!', and another shout my name, but I was gone. I launched up the stairs and stopped when I got on the second story. I looked behind me, their faces pressed up against the new glassy clear door, staring at me. They were trying to find out which door I went in too. I knew they would stalk me. Was this all about me dating Niall? Or had I known them at some point? I was very scared and confused.