Chapter: 22 Today Was A Good Day

Niall's P.O.V.

Last night, I didn't get a great rest. All that was on my mind while I lied there in bed was Samantha. I still felt her warm lips give my cheek a dry kiss. I still saw her in that dress. That dress that really brought out her curves, her legs, and how much just looking at her made me want to kiss her. Putting up the mistletoe in front of my door was ingenious. Maybe she didn't kiss me on the lips, but what she did kissing me on the cheek in such a way, made me loan to kiss her lips even more. She was toying with me, and she really knew how to press my buttons.

I stayed up late last night thinking about her. That is when I realized I liked her. I finally made myself admit to it. At first, I still laid there thinking I didn't like her. But, every time I told myself I didn't like her in my head, my stomach would do flips. The butterflies were so intense they were running around like hamsters in my stomach. It actually, physically, hurt to think about her. So I admitted to myself what I knew was true from day one with Samantha. I pulled it out from the back of my brain, and put it in the front. I told myself I knew I liked her.

An hour later, when my stomach settled, I relaxed myself and turned to lie on my back instead of my stomach. I stared up at the ceiling, with no thought to my mind. My hearing suddenly improved due to my lack of use in my other senses. The room was hushed of noise, except for the slow beat of my alarm clock. It ticked in a calm way, a way that made me feel empty on the inside. It was a good kind of empty. The kind of hollowness that really allows you to stop your fast life, and enjoy whatever it is around you. I felt empty. Suddenly, soft piano music played. I was thinking of the music, and knew it wasn't real, but yet it felt so real and there, it calmed me. As the piano distributed sounds of 4 line G octave, I felt my eyes close. 

Next thing I knew, the sun was beating down on my face through the window I had forgot to cover last night. My eyes twitched and burned at the sight of the sun. I had to turn away and wipe my eyes for a very long time before fully waking up. When my eyes were finally able to open, I saw that it was morning. I didn't even remember going to sleep; the last thing I could think of was that high G octave still latching on to my brain. I must have dozed off shortly after.

I got up from my bed, stretched, grabbed a white t-shirt to cover up in, retied the strings on my comic book pajama pants, and opened my door. There seemed to be no one upstairs, because down below I could hear faint talking. So I decided I was going to go downstairs and start a good old lazy day on the couch.
I carefully walked down the stairs, holding on to the railing, and hoped off the bottom step.

"I heard it is cool attraction most people should see at least once." I heard my mother say above some clanking dishes.

"It really is. I've been there once, and the view from the top is amazing if you can manage your way to a window." Samantha's voice chimed in. 

My mum laughed. "I bet it is amazing. But I don't think I would go in the crown. I'm too scared in such big crowds." More scraping and clinking of dishes.

The little chat session stopped between the two of them, and that is when I knew to make my appearance. So I sauntered into the kitchen, and saw my mother and Samantha eating hotcakes bathed in syrup. "Good morning Niall." My mother said. 

I walked straight to the fridge and opened up the door. "Good morning mum," I greeted her as I pulled out orange juice. I gently pushed the door closed behind me. I went over to the table, set the orange juice down, and went to the cupboard and grabbed a plate off the top shelf. I made my way back to the table, set down the plate at my spot, scooted the chair out, and sat down. Quite a large stack of pancakes sat in the middle of the table, and deciding to be a good soul and helped prevent putting all these flapjacks to waste, I grabbed four with my fork and dumped them on my plate. I grabbed the strawberry syrup, snapped the top open, and doused my hotcakes with the sweet fruity goodness.