Chapter: 25 Goodbye to You

Samantha's P.O.V.

Today, I had to leave. Not only was I leaving Ireland, but I was leaving Niall, and Maura, and all sorts of memories. What happened last night at the water bank, was the best night of my life so far. Niall's fingers entwined with mine, I don't know how to explain the feeling it gave me inside. I was nervous, and fuzzy, and warm, and uncomfortable, and happy; I had so many feelings all at once I cannot begin to explain how special and great it felt. My body was weary, but my mind was wide awake. I laid my head on his shoulder, and I suddenly felt glued there. My eyelids closed in peace while I listened to Niall's quiet voice talk of child's play. Everything then and there fit together in sweet harmony, even me. I felt like I belonged there, like I was supposed to be there.

Though it was the next morning, and I was at the house packing up my belongings, I still felt the other night swelled in my skin. My hands were damp with slight sweat, my body felt cold from the wind, but my cheeks were so toasty you could roast marshmallows over them. I still felt it all, and I even felt it on the inside. I don't know what is inside of me, but it makes my chest feel heavier and lengthens my breath. My throat is warm and my feet seem to move on their own. I don't know what this is, but I like it. I really, really, like it.

I zipped up my suitcase without having to sit on it still, and looked around the guestroom. I sighed. I was going to miss it here. This room had become a second home. I hate to have to leave it, and return to my stingy old dump of an apartment. But sadly, staying here wasn't an option. I slid my suitcase off the nicely made bed (my finest work) and placed it on the floor. I was all packed and ready to head out, because I had a plane to catch. I grabbed my gym bag and slid my cardboard Niall's under my arm that also held the gym bag. I looked around the room, and smiled momentarily. I crept over to the door, and gently pawed it open. I got a good last look at the room, then I went out the door. Those emotions were strong.

I went down the stairs to be met by Niall and Maura. Niall's was putting a hoodie on his head, trying to get it on, while Maura stared up at me venturing down the stairs. Her face was blood red and her eyes looked red. Had she been crying?

"All packed up I see." She sniffed.

"Yeah pretty sure I have everything." I replied as I jumped off the bottom step.

She grinned. "It was a pleasure to have you stay with us Samantha. I hope you can comeback soon."

"Yeah I hope I can come back also, that is, if you allow it."

Her face enlivened. "Oh anytime! You are so much fun to be around." She held her arms out and I walked into them. She wrapped me up in a hug, and I just stood there since my arms were not free enough to hug her back. She gave me a quick squeeze then released me from her clutch. "Text me when you get home. I wanna make sure you get there fine."

I smiled. Now she sounded like my mother, but that was just fine with me because it was nice to know someone was looking out for me. I nodded my head then walked past her to join Niall at the front door.

"Ready?" He asked.

All I could do was nod. Now I felt the emotions I was holding down clog up my throat. I was starting to feel bummed I couldn't stay here forever and ever. Niall opened up the front door.

"Oh Niall!" Maura called to him.

One foot out the door, he turned around to look at her. "Yes mum?"

"You text me too when you get to Zayn's house okay?"

"Okay. Loves, goodbye!!!" He turned back around and swiftly navigated out the door. I gave Maura one last wave, and when she waved back, I went out the door also.

Finding a Happy Ending (Niall Horan Fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara