Epilogue

Epilogue

Water District - Small Wedding Chapel- Exactly 366 days later

Xara ran her fingers over the off white dress as she stood with Kaelen in front of everyone in front their friends and family. Slowly she raised her hand and placed it into Kaelen's larger one and gave him a tentative smile.

"Are you happy," asked Kaelen hesitantly.

Xara nodded slowly before Elder Yukio started to speak. She listened quietly to his melodious voice as he started the words that would join her and Kaelen. Tears filled her eyes and her mind wondered back over the 365 days that led up to the happiest day of her life:

Gold District, The Lawson Residence

"I'm sorry you had to move back here," whispered Xara to Ebony as she stared around the enchanting space that Acadia had set up for Jacob, Ebony and their family.

Ebony giggled as she bounced her gurgling baby boy on her lap, "To me it's not a big deal but you'd think Jacob's life was over."

Kayla nodded as she adjusted her huge girth in the chair, "How I wish ours would come!"

Xara patted her stomach as she stared enviously at Kayla's, "She will be here before you know it while I still have two months."

"Two months," laughed Kayla. "You are only 6 months along will I'm over a year."

Xara smiled sweetly while she stirred a lump of sugar into the green tea Acadia had sent to them. "That is true but I am envious that you both get to feel your baby kick for months while mine will be delivered before I get to experience it often."

"You're joking right." asked Kayla before she winced. "My bundle of joy just kicked me in the bladder," added Kayla sarcastically.

Xara tired not to spill her tea as she laughed at the sour look on Kayla's expressive face.

"And let's not forget that Jacob's and my bundle of joy," added Ebony as she looked down at the squirming baby. "Set our house on fire."

"Blaze," laughed Xara accidently spilling a few drops of tea on herself. "Ouch," frowned Xara as she sat the cup down. Xara reached for the baby and stared into his light brown eyes, "Blaze Jacob Lawson you are the cutest thing I've ever seen!"

"Really," drawled Sebastian from the door with a pout. "I thought I was the cutest thing you ever saw."

Xara cut her eyes toward Kayla and Ebony, "Can you believe he's trying to steal the attention away from a precious little baby?"

*****end of flashback******

"Do you Xara Rasheeda Mace take Kaelen Matthew Ward to be your husband under the laws of the Alliance," asked Elder Yukio.