The Vampire Story Pt 1

Chapter 22

The Fall of 1998 [Folklore and Fairytale]

It brough some comfort to me that Kazuo was now attending Kawasaki Senior High School. I knew that I would be saved, even though the vampires were relentless; they would not allow him to come near me. Over the next two weeks Chion would be by my side regularly at the house.

Chion would come into the room and spend up to an hour in there with me regardless of what the other vampires said. At times in  the night I could feel two eyes peering at me through the darkness but when I looked there was no one. Chion.  I'm not sure why but I did not mind. There was something Chion wanted from me; I wanted to know what it was.

Then one night I heard his voice whisper to me as I sleep, "I must return you to the humans."

My eyes immediately open but I saw no one. Chion was already gone; then I felt a cold breeze at me feet and I looked to the window. Chion might have leaped from the window. I wanted to know. 

Why would Chion come and visit me every night like that?

Why would he just look at me, Why was he getting that close to me?

I could always feel his presence continuing for the next week. I wanted to know. I caught him that Saturday morning just before dawn. 

Chion was startled.

"Why do you watch every night?" I asked him in search of an answer. 

He looked at me then asked, "Why do you hate vampires?"

I stared him in the eyes thinking the answer would be obvious, they devour humans carelessly so why should I feel anything at all towards them.

He continued to star at me; then he spoke once again, "You dislike us because of what the werewolves told you. What if you had met me first, the vampire. What then? Have I ever attempted to eat you?" was the last question he asked.

I sat there and I though about it. No member of Chion's family has ever attacked me since I came here. So what was the real reason I was taken? I looked him in the eyes about to ask that very said question when he spoke once more,

"If you want to know anything at all about vampires you could stay and I will tell you or you can walk out the door now, you will be free to leave." he ended.

I was ready to run out the door, but i thought to myself, Why would Chion do something like that? Why would he just let me go after all this time, but curiosity got the better of me and his words peeked my interest. What more is there to learn about the vampires? I wanted to know.