The Stares

Chapter 11

The year is 1998 and its the week before summer vacation.

After making it clear to Kazuo that i was not leaving Touhou; he calmed down after a few hours. He hate the idea of me staying here. Its not only until i sat back and studied his words i realized what had he said. I was his drug, that would mean he loved me. I was sure i loved him in return. He though never uttered the words to me. I was only making an educated guess at his feeling.

"Heisuke-kun, are you ready?" My mother called from down 

I looked to the door but i did not answer.

"Breakfast is ready!" My mother called once again. I did not really have an appetite for food and so i put my blazer on and walked down stairs. I collected an apple and headed to the door. Kazuo was there to meet me. he pulled up in a Nissan skyline gtr r34, black. 

"Are you ready to go?" He asked from the driver's seat.

I got in and sat getting comfortable.

"Buckle up." Kazuo said with a smirk on his face. He accelerated going from zero to sixty in a spit second. I immediately held the seat belt. Then he looked at me and laughed, "Are you scared?" he asked.

"Slow the hell down, what are you trying to do, Kill me?!! For heaven's sake you're suppose to be protecting me!!" I yelled at him still holding to the seat belt. 

"Relax you will be fine." He laughed ruffling my hair. 

We got to school, the fastest and earliest i have ever reached. Everyone stared at us; even though i felt as though they were staring at me. To the Kazuo was the king, he always stayed aloof no one ever gets close to him; i became the envy of their fail desire, still there was nothing i could do about that. I didn't want to leave his side: there is so much i want to know about him. So much i want him to explain regardless of the danger posed. Kazuo seemed not to notice the eyes on him. I suppose it was nothing he was used to by now. 

There were stares and there were mutters, some students tried desperately to avert their eyes and others just stared with no regards for me as a person. I now stood in Kazuo's world; i was not on the edge looking in anymore and that was what they all wanted. 

I met Misaka, Sasuke, Hisagi and Uiharu by the shoe locker.

"You seem to have found a new friend." Misaka said to me and i could feel the disgust in her tone. She was never one to hide how she felt or what she thought.

Kazuo was polite, "Hi there I am Makoto Kazuo, I...."

"We know who you are." Sasuke said cutting Kazuo off, "You are the Rail-gun of Asakura Higashi High School." he finished.

"Sorry I don't really like that name given to me, so if you please just call me Kazuo, that would me fine." He said. 

"We will just call you Makoto-san." Uiharu said in her shy voice, "We are already being stared at." 

I looked around and the rest of the student body was staring at our little group: some stares seemed as though they were out for blood, others just seemed as though they yearned to be a part of the group. 

That was just the beginning, over the next week, the stares was something i had to get use too. It was a phenomenon for Kazuo to allow someone close to him.