Place in the Pack: Blood

Chapter 13 

The last week in the summer of 1998

It was the last week in the summer of 1998 and Kazuo and I had spent that entire summer training me to fight and he was telling me about the werewolves, both the Moonstone Pack and the Riverstone pack. I had to study their territory and their history. Beside fighting Kazuo had been teaching me to track anything down from the smallest animal to humans. The training was hard, difficult as each day pass it did not get any easier, and it took a toll on my body because i'm one not very fond of eating. 

That day, the second day in the last week before summer vacation ended, Kazuo sparred with me in the forest and there was something i wanted to asked him. It was the only thing he did not tell me. I stopped for a moment and i asked him,

"What is your place in the pack?"

Kazuo turned away from me walking towards the a large tree, "I am the second son of the Alpha." he answered with disgust as though it was a position he hated.

"You want to be Alpha?" I asked him curiously.

"I cannot be Alpha, that position is reserved for the eldest born son, that would be my older brother Shin. Kazuo still had not looked at me, but i wanted to know more.

"Please would you continue." I said hoping that Kazuo would tell me more so I would fully understand.

"Shin is my father's eldest son, he is next in line to be alpha but he don't care for the pack and we have been put in danger countless times because of him, but he orders those beneath him and those orders must be followed." he said once more with disgust.

"You are one under him." I said.

Kazuo finally turned to me and said, "I have saved his ass more times than i could count, that's why when he fights the Omega he will loose, he stand alone when he's suppose to fight with the entire spirit of teh pack behind him."

I did not bother with anymore questions, and Kazuo continued to spar with me, his movements came faster and rigid as though he was attacking me. I understood and so did not say a word. 

An hour later we took a break and the last thing i wanted to ask him about was the vampires in which he hunts. I asked him.

"What are the vampires like?"

"The vampires are the devils creation, they are creatures of the night that feed on humans. Humans can't tell the difference and so they hide among human, but werewolves could find them' they could never hide from us; they wreak of blood so high is nauseating. we will rid them all. Still as fast as we kill them they make more of their kind, they have a pure-blood as the head only his bite will change them." Kazuo said.

"A pure blood vampire." I repeated.

"There aren't many of them left, werewolves over the centuries have manage to kill them out. Still few remain such as the Murakami vampire that lives on the Kama city borders." Then he stopped as if he remembered something important. He looked at me as though i would slip through his fingers, the he spoke, "You can never go to the borders that lay with the City of Kama. If you ever go there I can't protect you. DO you understand!!" He yelled adamantly.

"I won't!" I shook my head stepping back.

"You can never go there." He repeated, "I can't protect you, that is another packs territory. I can't loose you." he clutched to his chest as though a sharp pain laid there.

I looked at him and then asked, "Why?"