The Howling

Chapter 17

The year is 1998, summer is at its end 

"HEISUKE!!" he howled.

They say you could hear a wolf's howl from miles away, whether on open plains or bouncing off of trees through the forest; I could hear him howling every night. Some nights so clearly, I wonder would he come for me. Sometimes when I sleep, I dream: I see visions of Kazuo.

There is a pain, a pain in my chest; it won't go away and i feel like my heart is tearing to pieces. 

__________________________________________________________________________

Time pass and the vampires came for me in the cell in which i was locked but Kazuo never did. Then one night passed, then two....then three. The the howling stopped. I was certain he was not going to come. I was on my own among the vampires.

__________________________________________________________________________

It had been an entire week I spent away from Touhou village and I was not sure what was happening. After the vampire took me out of the cell I was placed in a room by myself unchained but not allowed to leave. Strange enough i was not afraid of them. They did not seem as vicious as the ones I met before or the ones that my pack had told me about. I woke in the morning with the light of the sun on my face but i could not feel its warmth, it was as cold as death. 

As i sat up on the bed i heard a knocking at the door and then it slid slightly open. I saw eyes peering at me through the crease of the door, and then I heard a voice.

"My Name is Murakami Chion, What's yours?"

I stared into his eyes.