The Scarlet Sunset: Good Bye

Chapter 16

End of the Summer of 1998

 It was the last day in the summer of 1998. I had been out fighting with Kazuo and our pack. It was difficult; any vampire that comes near the borders, we left in groups of three to fight. My group was at a disadvantage: I'm human, neither as fast nor as strong as the werewolves. Our group was Kazuo, Tomoe alongside myself. Tomoe had not fancied me. He sided with Shin on my existence within the pack. I did not care much for his displeasure; still i fought as hard as i could and with every skill in which Kazuo had previously taught me. If our group missed anything I was automatically blamed and Kazuo was not allowed to defend me, i know that angered him but I decided I will endure it, after all I was sure that i loved him. 

The night of the last day, a moonless Friday night, my group was on patrol near the Asakura borders alongside Kama City. Kazuo hated the idea of me being there; previously stating that i was not allowed to venture there. He tried arguing the case with the Alpha but lost. I was with him. I must stay by his side at all times. That night the vampires attacked.

The vampires came in a large group, overwhelming: they were unevenly matched; the force of eight vampires attacking two werewolves and me, the human. They wanted the human. The battle raged on for an entire hour of none stop fight, then in the split second i Left from Kazuo's side, i was snatched away. HE snatched me faster that i could see or even feel.

Kazuo snarled. 

The werewolves were tired, beaten. They had lost the battle: while the vampires were still standing.

"Kazuo, RUN!!" I yelled at him as the vampire, holding to me, pulled me away. 

Kazuo watched, fighting to come to my rescue; he was blocked in every way. Until the vampires let up, disappearing into the darkness with me. 

Even though i couldn't see him anymore i could still hear his howls. And because of that I showed no fear. He would eventually find me.