Spring Festival

Chapter 7

The Cherry Blossoms were in full bloom.

It was the Spring Festival now, the rain had finally let up; the entire village seem full of life not that i could really care: he was back. I looked across the school court yard and there he stood in a loosely tied yukata kimono: grey, not much of a spring color, but he was at school and beside him stood both his sibling. 

All of a sudden i felt their eyes on me and indeed they were. They both were staring at me directly Kazuo did not bother to look my way. I felt they new something about me that i did not know. I was tempted to walk up to them and inquire but again i felt a certain intimidation emanating from them. I returned their stare only for a few seconds then i looked away. 

I could not understand it; what were they thinking about me? Did Kazuo tell them something? I was positive i have never encountered them before, so i was sure i did them no wrong, so why the cold stare? For some reason i felt an intent to kill from them. I quickly looked away. Moments later as i raised my head and looked Kazuo's way, my eyes met his gaze; then he looked away seemingly angry. Still there seem as though there was something he wanted to say.

"Heisuke-kun, we should get some pictures so would you take one with us." a shy female voice came from behind me.

I looked back, it was Uiharu. She had that silly smile on her face which to me made no sense, it always seem as though she was always open to pity. 

The festival was okay but i paid no attention to it; i could careless for those things. I went over to the mask boot and bought one as i placed the mask to the side of my face i heard a voice. The only one i wanted to hear all day.

"It would be better if you leave immediately." The voice said.

I was not surprised but a bit stumped that i would be still hearing those words. I responded, "Why should i leave after all, Touhou is my home."

The voice spoke again, "This isn't Touhou, it is Asukura and you need not be here. Go back to the land from whence you came. Sooner than later."

"Why would you tell me that?" I asked. I did not here the voice attacking me once more and i immediately looked back. Kazuo was walking away.

"Just leave, do me a favor, it is for your own good." he said as he walked away. 

His words did not make anything clear to me, it was more confusing and i just wanted to go after him more. I must speak to him again. And soon before he disappears again.