The Reason

Chapter 14

The last week in the  summer of 1998 

 "Why....Why can't you loose me?" I asked him.

Kazuo turned to me, "You are the foolish little lamb that choose to follow after the dog that is not dutied to protect you, I can't loose you." 

That is what he said to me. His eyes spoke even more and i wanted to here him say the words, and so i continued to ask him, "Tell me, tell me why you feel the need to protect me?"

Kazuo looked me in the eyes: he didn't speak for an entire minute as though the words were right on the edge of his tongue be he refused to speak. 

"Tell me." I said leaning in closely to him, "Tell me i repeated.

"Because i am irrevocably in love with you." he said in a husky whisper as though saying those words took everything out of him; but that was the absolute truth.

I answered, "This foolish Lamb had fallen in love with its protector." 

He placed his hands to my face and kissed me gently and passionately; crushing his lips to mine as though he had been waiting to do that for a very long time. I was my first kiss. He stole it. 

I looked him in the eyes, "What are we to do now....you are a werewolf and i a human....what ca be done?" I asked him.

"You can never become like me but, if you so desire you can fight with me run with my pack and become the first human vampire hunter." He said.

I idea was intriguing and i could not turn away from him. I would have the opportunity to fight alongside Kazuo, he who i had fallen in love with unintentionally. I agreed, after all i had been training intensely for the past two months of summer vacation.

Kazuo brought me to a clearing in the forest, there we lay in the brilliant blue hydrangeas. After the rain had fallen a few days before there was a certain brilliance about the atmosphere that as the light shun upon Kzauo's face he almost seem like a god. This moment was different than any other we shared before. It was s though there was nothing outside of this forest and it was just the two of us. I understood why Kazuo would say I'm his drug, because he slowly became mine. He became the reason i wanted to stay in Japan, I wanted to know all there is to know about him and i wanted to fight alongside him. 

all of this could be shattered if i'm not accepted by the pack and that would be decided by tomorrow when i go before the Alpha. Wilderbeast.