Chion's Resolve

Chapter 44

The darkness of a spring evening.....year 1999

"Did you get all that you needed?" I heard a voice ask me.
It was Chion.
Did he hear everything, was he standing there all the time, why didn't I notice his presents were the thoughts that ran through my mind. Then my thoughts changed back to Kazuo and I didnt answer Chion.
Who was the wrong one now I started thinking, was Chion wrong for changing me, was Kazuo wrong for leaving me or was I the one completely wrong because I was hurting them both. How'd I let it get so far....I never meant for any of this to happen.

My world was crumbling around me burning to the ground and in the wake of my ashes a new one was forcing its way out. But is it really mine?

"I asked you, did you get what you needed?"

I turned around in the shadows of the canopy and looked upon his brilliant face, a part of me wanted to punch him for being right and another part of me wanted to kiss him because he was all I had left.

Chion walked up to me. He placed his arms around me, holding my body gently, then he whispered into my ears,
"I wont leave your side, I would never leave you alone, I promise that I would hold you in my arms for all eternity. I will protect you with my life and my love. He wont get to you I wont let that happen I promise you that. My love isnt words, its real and it belongs to you." he finished.

Maybe I'm wrong but I must let go of Kazuo. I think if I continue to chase after him, I'll be hurting him in ways I cant mend but not just him I'll be hurting myself.

"I'm not gonna stop loving you and you and I can wait an eternity for your answer we have the time." he turned to walk away then I grabbed his arm and he looked back at me.
What am I about to tell him....and would I be right to do so?

"Save me........"