The Eternal War

Chapter 48

The day of great bloodshed

The vampires met the werewolves in the clearing of the forest between their territories. Kazuo stood next to his father Wilderbeast and I stood next to Chion.
We faced each other and I felt as though, this was the moment I could have never imagine.
I am a vampire and Kazuo is a werewolf. Sworn enemies and I was the bain of Kazuo's blood.
I think if I let him get to close he would kill me.

Before us was an army of werewolves and before them stood a clan of fledgling vampires.
As the first droplet of rain hit the ground the war started. vampires racing towards the werewolves who transformed as they took off.

The werewolves and vampires clashed. The werewolves because of Satoru had an unfair advantage, they knew the secret of the fledglings and so knew how to deal with them effectively. Suzushi was shocked. The fledgling died faster than they could kill any of the werewolves.
The werewolves were relentless. Not stopping they ripped the fledglings apart limb from limb.

Blood soaked the earth in this sensless war. I couldn't fight the werewolves, I had betrayed Kazuo enough, and through it all I still felt as though the werewolves were part of who I am. Kazuo felt otherwise.

As the war started I wanted to turn and run but Kazuo was comin after me. As he took off he cleared a path towards me,killing all fledglings in his way.
Kazuo meted me face to face and his roar echoed through the large battlefield across to Chion, who saw him baring his fangs towards me.
Chion raced acrossed the battlefield towards me.

"Kazuo......" I was afraid of him. A fear I had never once felt before. I knew he was about to kill me. I didnt have any last words because in a big way I deserved this.
"You've been already dead to me a long time now, I will set you free of this curse!!!!!" Kazuo roared raising his paws to kill me.
At that moment Chion had finally gotten to me and with his hand he ripped Kazuo heart from his body. I was shock as the blood splashed onto my face. Kazuo's body transforming fell onto me and I dropped to my knees. Chion was about to pull Kazuo away from me then I yelled,
"DON'T TOUCH HIM, DON'T YOU DARE!!!"
I held to his body in my arms tightly to my chest, I couldn't let him go, he was drifting away from me with each passing moment and as I rocked back and forth with him. The tears fell from my eyes to his face and I could feel the warmth leave his body with every passing minute.
His now cold life-less body laid in my arms.....finally there was no warmth left.My soul lamented. He was gone, Kazuo was dead.