Chapter 39: Two Years Later

Song for "Ending Credits" of the book!

I hope you have enjoyed this story from cover to cover.

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, and being you.

Love you all,

DarlaH

I looked at myself in the mirror as I pinned up my hair. I heard my phone buzz on the counter but I refused to answer it. I knew it was work and right now, work didn't matter.

Mara found Fabien soon after I was released from the hospital. With him gone, my father spent the next year breaking down the organization so it would never rise from the ashes. When he wasn't traveling the world, he stayed with me. We fell into our old relationship again after a few months, it finally felt like he never left me for all those years. Our bond became stronger than ever as we spent our evenings together bonding over good meals and conversations.

Once I was able to get back to work, my grandmother gave me my own team. But I quickly realized that my health was never going to be what it was before Fabien got a hold of me. I also realized that the CIA wasn't my passion so I left. I still had no job, but I was finished my bachelors and for now, that was enough for me. I would find another job, one that was good for me not because people told me it was, but because I was happy with it.

I looked at my diamond ring and smiled as it glittered in the light. With my dad back, Auggie had to ask him the old fashioned way to marry. And like we agreed, Auggie and I finally got married. Although we had only been married for 5 months, it felt like forever in all the right ways. I did not regret getting married at 21 because when you meet the right person, why wait?

Auggie walked into the bathroom and looked at me with a sly smile. I knew what he was thinking but I wasn't going to give it to him. He wrapped me around his arms and nuzzled my neck. "Auggie, stop, we have to get ready," I said as I tried to up on makeup.

He looked over my shoulder into my reflection. "Do we really have to go?"

I sighed and turned to face him. He pulled me close and it made me blush. "You're the best man, of course we have to go," I said to him.

He sighed with a slight frown as he knew his plan was ruined. "Don't sell yourself short, you're the maid of honor. But I like it here, with you," he whispered the last part into my ear then kissed my neck. His lips were tempting but I knew we had other commitments for the day.

I pushed him to arms distance, knowing exactly what he was trying to do. "Auggie, focus, we have to leave soon to get to the church."

"I'm ready," he said and took a step back from me so I could look at him from head to toe. He looked good in a tux. His brown hair parted to the side fit the tux so well that he looked like he was off to a photo shoot instead of a wedding.

"You're missing your bowtie," I stated as I pointed out his flaw. I pulled on his untied bowtie hanging around his neck and frowned.

He shrugged. "I'm never good at tying them."

"You're right, I'm much better at it," I said and smirked at him as I tied the bow and straitened it. "Much better." I smiled as I kissed his lips.

"Remember, focus," he said and pulled out of the kiss with a smirk.

I chuckled at him. "What would I do without you?" I asked with smirk back. I turned around to the mirror again and pulled back my hair, revealing my open back to my dress. "Zip me up?"

"Sure thing Miss Ross," he said as he started to kiss my spine. If I didn't have enough will power I would forget about our event and stay here. He kissed my neck again then finally zipped up my long blue dress. I felt his hands trace up my back and stop at my shoulder blades. "Shall we leave?"