Chapter 26: I Should Have Known

Look out for the <>!

"Are you ok?" Auggie asked me as he closed the posh London hotel room door behind us, shutting the outside world away after the long trip to the city.

If it wasn't for the sleep deprivation, I would have lied, to say that I was ok. But I wasn't and I didn't have enough mental power to support that claim. My boyfriend betrayed me. I was working for a computer to stop an organization from brining down the CIA. Lastly, my own grandmother didn't support me. I was burning out. I didn't feel safe and felt like I had no support. I was not ok. I shook my head at him.

He sighed and nodded, as he already saw it. "What to talk about it?"

I bit my lip as I rubbed my tired eyes. "My grandmother is benching me."

He frowned at me. "I'm sorry," he said although he wanted to say more. He knew just as well as I did that my grand mother could be tough.

And I was also sorry. "She really does see me as a disappointment," I whispered, crushed to even think about it. I was sure she didn't care if I died. At least she wouldn't have to watch out for me then.

"I think she's battling the fact that she couldn't protect you when you got attacked. She sees you slipping into danger and she can't bare the thought of losing you. This is the only way she knows how to protect you. You didn't see her at Carter's house. She was a mess. She couldn't stop blaming herself for it."

I didn't believe his words. I couldn't. My grandmother a mess? That had only happened a handful of times and I was not one of them. If she really cared, couldn't she see that I was struggling, with her and everything else. I needed support, not what she was giving me.

"Just think about it. hu?" Auggie asked as he kissed me lightly.

I smiled at him as I looked at him in awe, amazed. I was dating him. Instead of shrugging around my problems he ran straight through them. He saw me at my weakest but he didn't seem to care. He was here with me through thick or thin.

There was a few minutes of silence then I remembered the file that B26 gave me. I pulled it out of my purse and handed it to him. "B26 gave this to me. He wants us to pick up some bugs from the London base. Also he wants me to place a bug into their computers."

He took it from me then talked over my hotel bed and opened it. He then started to read through the paperwork.

"I was thinking we can do it in the evening. I was thinking around one in the morning. This was one of the best times that B26 gave us," I said to Auggie.

Auggie nodded as he read. "Have you talked to Mara about this?" he asked as he continued to read the papers.

I nodded as I remembered the conversation I had with Mara on the flight as Auggie slept on my lap. "She good with it."

"Ok, then let's do it. But let's review these plans first," Auggie said as there was a knock on the door.

I opened the door and Mara walked in with a yawn. "We have time time to get a true plan in action. So let's get this show on the road."

We laid out the papers and talked about the plan and back up plans until our minds were tired and full. Over and over again, we discussed our concerns and fears. Finally we realized that our time for planning was over and we had to actually carry out the plan.

Before we knew it, we were looking up at the bank in front of us. In the lonely alley way we looked for a way to get in and size up the building. To my surprise it wasn't as big and the one in D.C., standing only about 10 stories high with a modern building design.