Chapter 6: Faster, Pussycats! Kill! Kill!

'Fear. It's the most basic, the most human emotion. As kids, we're afraid of everything. The dark.... The bogeyman under the bed... And we pray for morning. For the monsters to go away. Though they never do. Not really. Just ask Jason Blossom. Another fun fact about fear. Sometimes it grows up with you. Or it curls up inside you, tightens are on your guts.'

Annabelle and Archie both walked together both going to the auditorium to audition for the school talent show.

Archie was the first one who is going to be singing before Annabel did so she sat by Veronica and Dallas.

"Archie Andrews?" Kevin said indicating it was Archie's turn to sing.

'Each fall, Riverdale High hosts a Variety Show. But this event is no mirror student frolic.'

"And what will you be auditioning with?" Kevin asks a nervous Archie.

"Uh, and original song that I wrote called I'll Try." Archie told Kevin as he looked over at his sister.

Annabelle gave him an encouraging smile. Reggie started yelling dumb stuff, "Try harder!" making Anna angry. "Maybe try not sucking so much."

Annabelle stood up before the Lodge twins could stop her. She turned towards the ungrateful jocks. "Shut up or all your freaking secrets you don't want anyone to know will be spilled."

They shut up after that but Archie couldn't take the pressure and walked off the stage.

"Annabelle Andrews?" Kevin said making everyone look in surprise as Anna went up to the stage.

"I'm going to sing a song that I wrote for the Varsity Show, but right now I'm going to sing 'I want you back' by Michael Jackson." Annabelle said confidently.

Everyone in the audience was speechless before they started clapping wildly.

Annabelle smiled getting off the stage as Dallas and her go to lunch to wait for everyone.

"You were amazing!" Dallas said in awe. Annabelle blushed. "Is there anything you can't do?"

"She can't stop threatening people." Archie said walking over to sit by the two.

Annabelle rolls her eyes. "That's to protect you, Archie." Anna said as Jughead and Betty come over.

"I heard you sang." Jughead told his girl best friend. "I bet you were amazing."

"I was." "She was." Annabelle and Dallas at the same time as Dallas continued. "Did you find anything on Polly?"

"Yeah they're keeping her at the Sisters of Quiet Mercy." Betty said before continuing. "It's been months. There's gotta be a reason my mom and dad don't want me to see Polly. But I don't care anymore."

"What are you guys talking about? Anything I can help with?" Archie asked the four friends.

"What we're attempting is a stealth operation, Archie. If we go in there with the entire Scooby gang, forget it, we're compromised." Jughead said making Anna and Dallas roll their eyes.