Chapter 20: Tales from the Darkside

" 'People of Riverdale, I have rid this town of the drug dealing child killer and others like him. Now, you must choose your fate. The next 48 hours will be a test. And I will be watching you very closely. Very closely, show me your pure of heart, and my work ends. Continue to sin, and I will take up the sword again.' " Dallas reads from the newspaper.

Anna put her head in her hands in disbelief. "This is just great." Anna said. "This is going to make Archie go crazy."

"You said Archie is done with that stuff. I'd think Archie's going to get back in it again." Dallas tells Anna.

Both of them sighed getting dressed then get in Dallas' Jeep going to school. On the way there Anna's phone beeped.

Putting it on speaker Anna said, "Hey Jug. What's up?"

"Penny Peabody called me." Jughead told Anna as he made his way to Northside High. "My dad got into a fight with some Ghoulies."

"What? Oh, is he okay?" Anna asked her best friend.

"He's fine, Anna just a couple bruises. Penny wants me to bring a crate over to GreenDale." Jughead told Anna.

"You told her no, right?" Dallas asked. "From what Belle told me she's a drug dealer."

"He's right Jug." Anna told him worriedly. "That crate could be filled with drugs. I don't want you to get in trouble."

"I'm going to asked Archie if he'll help me. I don't want you two to be a part of this." Jughead tells Anna and Dallas.

"So both you and Archie can be caught? Yeah no way." Anna tells Jughead with a eye roll.

"Hey! Don't be like that. You and Dallas will be the first people we call if we get caught." Jughead tells his two friends.

"We'll come if you call." Dallas tells Jughead. "Do you need us to pick up your homework?"

"Yeah that'd be great." Jughead tells Dallas. "I'll see you two later tonight." With that Jughead hung up.

Looking over Dallas saw that Anna had the thinking face he first saw at Northside High. "What's with that face?" Dallas asked.

"We're going to the prison after school." Anna tells Dallas as he pulled up to the school.

"Why?" Dallas asked as the two of them get out of the Jeep. Anna doesn't answer walking over to were the other Serpents were.

"I need your guises help." Anna said as she stood in front of the table of Sweet Pea, Toni, and Fangs with Dallas standing behind her.

"With what princess?" Sweet Pea asked with a smile. Anna sat down beside him as Dallas sat on the other side with Toni.

"Penny Peabody." Anna tells Sweet Pea and everyone else. "Jughead was a idiot and made a deal with her."

"Jones is an idiot for dealing with her." Sweet Pea tells Anna.

"Well technically it was Tall Boys fault for telling Jug to go to her at a desperate time." Anna tells everyone.

"What do you need us to do?" Toni asked. Everyone looked at Anna.

"We just need you to come to the prison to see FP with us. Then maybe Peabody." Anna tells the group.