Chapter 12: Anatomy of a Murder

"Someone planted the gun..." Archie told Betty and Dallas. "Jason's murder weapon, in a closet in FP's trailer. It wasn't there when we search for it. He's being framed, Betty."

"Well, maybe you didn't see it." Betty tells the two.

"We're not talking about the Vogue closet here, Bee..." Veronica tells Betty.

"Well, maybe looked in the wrong one." Betty tells Veronica.

"It's a trailer with literally one closet. There was no lockbox. No gun. Whatever sheriff Keller is saying he found, it wasn't there." Veronica tells Betty and her brother.

"Look, we need to tell Jughead his dad's innocence. Where is Jughead?"
Archie said looking around. "Wait. Where is Anna?"

"I don't know. I tried calling him. I left him messages. He's not answering his phone." Betty tells everyone.

"Annabelle went to a friends house." Dallas tells Archie. Archie raised an eyebrow.

"Cheryl, Jughead, and you are her only close friends and I don't think she went to Cheryls if she thinks Jughead's dads innocent" Archie tells Dallas.

Dallas shrugged as his sister spoke, "In the meantime..."

"Should we talk to sheriff Keller?" Betty asked.

"No" Dallas and Archie say as Archie continued. "Not until we tell our parents."

"That we broke into FP's trailer?" Veronica asks Archie thinking it's a bad idea.

"My dad will know what to do." Archie said. They got to Archie where the parents were and told them everything.

"You did what?" Fred Andrews asked his son in disbelief.

"We had to make sure FP wasn't involved in Jason's murder."Archie tells the grown-ups.

"And now we know the truth. He was." Alice Cooper told everybody.

"What? Mom, no. We just told you." Betty tells her mom.

"The gun was planted." Archie said as Veronica continued. "By whoever killed Jason."

"Couldn't you have just missed it?" Hermione asked the group.

"Yeah, excuse me if I trust the detection skills of an officer of the law over three amateur sleuths." Alice said.

"Mom, you're the one who asked for Veronica to break in!" Betty says.
"Excuse me?" "What?" "Alice?" Hermione, Mary, and Fred exclaim.

"Actually... I approached Mrs. Cooper. I had to know if FP was involved, and if he was connected to my dad." Veronica said trying to defend Alice.

"A gun was found. FP is the killer. Case closed. We're leaving." Hermine he tells her daughter and son.

"There was no gun!" Archie tells everybody.

"Son, this isn't petty theft or a bar fight we're talking about, Archie. This is murder." Fred tells his son.

"Okay, fine. Then we'll go to the sheriff without you." Archie tells his dad.