Chapter 19: Death Proof

'In Riverdale, everyone wears a mask, not just the Black Hood. But every so often, the mask slips and our true selves are laid bare, for all the world to see. So we scramble to put it back on, like a kid in a cheap Halloween costume, but it's too late. People have already seen what's underneath... And it's terrifying.'

"Penelope, thank you for coming. We called as soon as Cheryl told us." Hermione tells Penelope. Veronica, Cheryl, Anna, and Dallas listen on the other side of Veronica's door. Dallas coming over this morning to a sister's room.

"I appreciate that, I just wished you stopped her from talking sheriff Keller. Lord knows what Cheryl did or said to the St Clair boy to provoke him." Penelope tells Mrs. and Mr. Lodge. Anna quietly scoffed as she looks with Dallas in disgust.

"According to Veronica, nothing." Hermione said in disgust with Penelope.

"Hermione. Hiram. I want this handled discreetly." Penelope said.

"Well, I'm confident that the St Clair's feel the same way." Hiram said.

"Then it's settled. I'll talk to that idiot Keller and tell him we won't be pressing charges. After all, nothing really happened Cheryl." Penelope said standing up.

Having enough of Penelope talking about Cheryl like that both Anna and Dallas walk out into the living room. While both Veronica and Cheryl try and stop them.

"Excuse me but what happened to Cheryl it's not okay." Anna tells both The Lodges and Blossom.

"Mrs. Blossom if the same thing happened to you. You would be trying to fight. Cheryl is no different. You should be mad at the boy who did that to her." Dallas told Penelope.

"Even I wanna punch Nick St Clair in the face for doing that to Cheryl." Anna said. "Nothing about sexual assault is right. Mrs. Blossom that is what happened to Cheryl. Nick St. is the one who is guilty. The one who's gonna lie and say Cheryl is wrong he did nothing wrong but guess what he did."

"Nick has to pay for what he did to Cheryl. Blossoms are just as powerful as the St Claire's. They can take them in court." Dallas said. "Mrs. Blossom you're just scared if you're not gonna do this for Cheryl or a not decent mother."

"Dallas, Anna, I think that's enough." Hermione tells the two. Both kids look at each other as Cheryl walks out going with her mother to there house.

"Guys, I understand how passionate you are about this but it's the Blossoms decision." Hermione tells the kids.

Anna gives them a nod before walking into Dallas's room to change. Dallas shakes his head. "Veronica hasn't told you yet has she?"

After Dallas got dressed both him and Anna went to Southside High walking to the newspaper room where Jughead was meeting with Mr. Phillips.

"'People have associated the school with the plagues of the southside. Drugs, gangs, violence. But, like the southside, there is a community here and why the decay is real, it is not irreversible.' I'm impressed, Jughead. Where do you find time to put out an issue for the red and the black while pledging the Southside Serpents." Mr. Phillips says. "I'm not blind. We had a deal."

"The Serpents..." Jughead starts before continuing. "They truly are a community, Mr. Phillips.

"A community of drug dealers." Mr. Philip tells Jughead.