Chapter 24: The Wrestler

'One week after Riverdale High's absorption of its Southside counterpart, and everything was the same. And nothing was the same. Take Archie Andrews. On the surface, he's getting ready for basketball tryouts, as he does every winter. But underneath, he was churning, his life in chaos after an unexpected visit from the feds. Meanwhile, the town was preparing to honor it's founding father, General Augustus Pickens.'

At school both Anna and Dallas were in class listening to Cheryl present her history project.

"Mr. Jones eyes up front." Mrs. Haggly told Jughead who was typing on his computer. Anna glanced over at him making him shrug.

"Thank you, Mrs. Haggly." Cheryl said before continuing. "As I was saying, each year, we honor the memory of General Pickens, yet do you know the truth. That it was my great great great grandpappy Colonel Barnabas B. Blossom, who bankrolled General Pickens' settlement of, an Eden along the river of Sweetwater, we're maple trees grow taller than the steeples of Europe's greatest cathedrals. Which is why every year I petition our mayor's office to rename Pickens day."

The bell then rang making Mrs. Haggly say, "Thank you for that, Cheryl. Mr. Jones, we look forward to your oral history repot next week."

Everyone in the room left. Anna walked out as Dallas went to catch up with her. "Belle wait up." Dallas said.

"What's up Dally?" Anna said as she slows down to let him catch up to her.

"My parents and some others are going over to your house to talk about some stuff. I know you can't be there but you could always--" Dallas said trailing off.

"Ease drop." Anna asked with a smirk.

"It's at your house so you're technically not ease dropping." Dallas points out.

"You were there with your family?" Anna asked walking over to her locker.

"Me and Veronica. Yes." Dallas tells Anna.

"Then I'll definitely ease drop. Thanks for letting me know Dally." Anna tells Dallas kissing him on the cheek.

"I think I'm going blind." Sweet Pea said putting his arms around the Lodge and Andrew girl and boy.

"And why's that?" Anna asked him amused.

"I just saw you kiss Lodge on the cheek. Do you know how disgusting that is?" Sweet Pea said teasingly.

"Ha ha." Dallas said looking at him shaking his head. "Very funny."

The three friends then walk to Anna's locker then to their classes. After that Anna went home. Dallas went home to but went to the Andrews house with his parents soon after.

"The students be transferred to Riverdale high are fine but their parents are in my office, every day, wanting me to re-open Southside High." Mayor McCoy told everyone in the room.

"Which is why we've been discussing how our new neighborhood could use something positive to focus on." Hiram tells everyone.

"With your blessing, we'd like to make Pickens day bigger, more of a celebratory event." Hermione tells the mayor as Hiram continues.

"Sponsored by Lodge industries." Hiram finishes.

"And Andrews construction cosponsoring." Fred tells McCoy.