Chapter 29: Primary Colors

'One sheet of paper, that's all it took. To confirm everything Betty had feared... that she let a danger stranger into her house.'

Dallas was in his room the next morning. He got dressed, a shower, and went downstairs. He then went to the garage to get his Jeep. Dallas then started on his way to the Anna's house.

"Do you see this?" Anna said storming into the kitchen doing the newspaper down on the counter, in front of her dad.

Fred picked up the paper looking at it. His face showed a lot of emotions. He then put it down. "What about it?"

"They're liars." Anna tells her father. "It isn't right."

"That's the Lodges for you." Fred tells his daughter.

Anna sighed making toast for herself as her brother walked into the room. Archie awkwardly opens up the fridge getting milk out.

He then turns to his family starting to talk to them. "Dad, I know you think a prison is a bad idea Riverdale, but Mr. and Mrs. Lodge really have thought this through."

"A prison would rip the soul out of this town, especially the Southside, so I'm not gonna support that plan." Fred rants to his son. "Or Hiram and Hermione. I'm serving all ties from Lodge Industries and SoDale. All of it. I'm done."

"What?" Archie asked. "Just like that?"

"Yeah." Fred tells his son.

"Will they even let you walk away?" Archie asked.

"I'm not asking his permission." Fred tells his son. "They will. Or they'll have a hell of a fight on their hands."

"And if they don't mom will take care of them." Anna informs Archie giving him a nasty look. Anna then got her toast sitting beside her dad to eat.

Archie sighed out. The Andrews twin then walked out of the house leaving. Anna ate her toast waiting for Dallas.

"Maybe mom can help you out." Anna tells her father. "They won't be able to take mom down."

"Maybe I'll do that." Fred tells his daughter as a car horn was heard outside.

"Love you, dad." Anna said giving Fred a kiss on the cheek before leaving. "Bye."

Anna ran over to the Jeep getting in the passenger seat. "Hey."

"Hey." Dallas said staring to drive to school. "I'm sorry about your brother. I really thought he'd go with you and Fred."

"It's fine, but if he hurts dad anymore he's gonna have hell to pay. Or Jughead." Anna tells the Lodge.

Dallas nods. The two of them then get to school. They go to there classes until lunch time. The two go and sit with Jughead and them.

"I just loved your spin piece in the paper, Olivia Pope." Jughead tells the older Lodge.

"Can we not, Jughead?" Veronica said her hands on her head.

"Did you know about Southside High closing?" Jughead asked. "Or the prison?"

"Of course not. It was all her parents doing. Right, V?" Betty asked her best friend.