Chapter 28: There Will Be Blood

'I was running out of time. And maybe, so was Riverdale. Hiram Lodge has been making moves. Big moves. But with no proof of criminal behavior, all I could do was speculate. What was Hiram's master plan for Riverdale? And why did it feel so close to fruition?'

It was night out and the Andrews were having dinner with the Lodges.

"If you remember correctly, the only house in Riverdale with a pool was Thornhill--" Hiram starts.

"There we were, two drunk, dumb teenagers looking to cool off--" Fred said as Archie cut in.

"Why didn't you just go to the quarry?" Archie cut in laughing. "Or Sweetwater River?"

"Oh, what I remember is someone borrowing the school van for a joyride, you and Mary..." Fred said laughing.

"No, that was Alice, not us." Hermione defense playfully. Anna and Dallas look at each other from across the table laughing at their parents.

"But it does sound like something teenager you would do mom." Dallas laughed. Hermione playfully rolled her eyes at her son.

"Oh, my God, this sounds like an episode of Saved By the Bell." Veronica laughed.

"Hey, Fred, before you head off, why don't you join Hermione and me in the study?" Hiram said standing up. "I have this 30 year old bottle of rum. I think you'll love it."

"Well, I can't say no to that." Fred said walking to the study with Hiram.

"Veronica, Dallas stay with Archie and Anna?" Hermione tells her kids before following the men to the study.

After their parents went into the study. Archie and Veronica went to her room, while Anna and Dallas went to his room.

"Do you know what they're talking about in there?" Anna asked the Lodge boy sitting on his bed crisscross applesauce in front of him.

"They want your dad to be mayor." Dallas tells the girl sitting in front of him.

"Why?" Anna asked curiously.

"I'm pretty sure with your dad as mayor they think that's a way to have power but be behind the scenes." Dallas tells the girl honestly.

"My dad would be a great mayor but it shouldn't be because you're dad wants him too." Anna tells Dallas sadly.

"I know." Dallas sighed.

"And if they think for one second that my dad would go for a prison in Riverdale..." Anna trails off. "Your parents are nuts."

"I know." Dallas said. "I didn't want Fred to be in the plan, at all."

"I'm gonna make sure he doesn't do it Dally." Anna said. "My dad is not going to jail because of your family."

"Look, my family is messed up. I know that." Dallas looked at Anna intensely. "But I promise you, your dad will not be apart of it."

"Thank you." Anna tells Dallas. It was silent between the two. "Did you hear about Jughead still looking into your father?"

"Yeah. I hope he gets what he wants." Dallas tells the girl in a exhausted voice. "I'm getting really tired of hearing his name come from my dad's mouth."