Chapter 2: Touch of Evil

'I think many of us maybe even the entire town has been hoping against hope that somehow Jason blossom hasn't drowned on July 4. We come to school Monday morning, and there Jason would be or that we'd see him and Cheryl in a booth at Pops but that was before the undeniable, irrevocable fact of his bloated, waterlogged body, A corpse with the bullet hole in its forehead, and terrible secrets that can only be revealed by the cold steel knife over coroners autopsy scalpel or the telltale beatings of a guilty heart.'

That night Annabelle Andrews couldn't sleep. All she did was toss and turn and her bed. All she could think about was Jason and how she shouldn't of let him go.

Flashback:
"Hey!" Jason said putting an arm around his ex-girlfriend. "Can we talk?"

The said girl nodded. "What do you need to talk about?" She said walking with him down the school hallway.

"Can we do it in private?" Jason asked looking at the his he was still in love with.

She nodded as they got in Jason's car. They got in the car and started driving to an open field.

Turning to look at her ex she asked, "What did you want talk about?"

"You know Polly, my girlfriend?" Jason asked turning to look at her as she nodded. "She's pregnant and with my parents and her's. I know it's going to be bad. So I was thing that we could runaway. Start a new life; somewhere where nobody knows us." Jason told her. "I'm just nervous to go through it."

"Why are you telling me this? Wouldn't Cheryl be someone better to talk to?" Anna asked confused but concerned.

"Yeah, but your my ex and you always tell me the truth even if it's bad." Jason said.

Anna sighed looking at her ex. "You should do what you think is right. Talk with Polly make sure she wants to runway with you. Talk to Cheryl too. She's your sister and she'll support you no matter what."

Jason smiled. "See, honest. Why did we ever break up?" Anna looked in to his eyes looking away.

"Because J we were drifting apart." Anna said looking around the field. "You know that. And now you got a girlfriend and you're going to be a dad."

Jason sadly smiled at her before driving her to her house.

End Of Flashback

Getting Anna went right for the coffee and cereal. "Morning, dad." Anna said in a raspy voice from crying and sleep loss.

"Morning, kiddo." Dad said smiling over at his daughter as his son comes down stairs.

"Morning, dad."Archie said going to the juice.

"Yeah, bud. Where do you sneak off to you last night?" Fred asked as Anna went to see what he father was cooking.

"You, uh, you heard that?" Archie asks nervously looking over at his father.

"Son, i've been hearing you and Anna sneak out since you were eight years old going to Jughead's treehouse." Fred said as Anna laughed.

"I couldn't sleep. Went for a jog to tire myself out." Archie told his dad and tired sister.

"Yeah? Got something on your mind?" Fred asked as here was a knock at the door.