Chapter 13: The New Hereafter

'It was the ultimate cliffhanger. Clifford Blossom had killed himself. But why? Life's not an Agatha Christie novel. It's a lot messier. Turns out, maple syrup was a front for history business. Transporting heroin from Montreal on his trucks. A narrative quickly emerged. That Jason Blossom learned about dear old dad's drug running, and threaten to expose the truth. Which led to Jason's abduction at the hands of a Southside Serpent named Mustang. And then to Jason's murder at the hands of his father. Clifford killed Mustang to cover his tracks, making it look like he overdosed, and tried to implicate rival businessman, Hiram lodge, has mastermind the whole thing. And, oh, yeah, I almost forgot. Mr. blossom threatened my life, so that my dad would confessed pulling the trigger, even though all he did was clean up the mess. And he would've gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for a group of pesky kids who uncovered the truth. Even as Clifford Blossom, consumed by guilt and shame, took the cowards way out... Jason's murder had revealed some dark truths none of us were too eager to face. Especially not mayor McCoy, who wanted every last vestige of corruption crushed like a snake under boot heel.'

Jughead and Annabelle were with FP and the sheriff.

"So, Blossom was the kingpin, he funneled drugs through Riverdale and then ship them out. What the mayor and I care about is the local component of Blossom's business. Someone is selling his drugs here in Riverdale. Mostly in the southside but it's started to cross the tracks, recently, too." Sheriff Keller told FP.

"And you think it's a Serpents?" FP asked.

"Who else?"sheriff Keller asked.

Annabelle rolled her eyes saying, "You do know there are more gangs than the Serpents, right?"

FP smiled at the girl in gratitude as the sheriff ignored her. "So here's the deal. You feed us names, tell us who's pushing the dope, and the mayor, the DA have a chat, and maybe he'd be inclined to offer you a lesser sentence."

"Serpents don't get into the hard stuff. It's dime bags of weed. And I'm no snitch."FP tell sheriff Keller.

"FP, if you don't help us and your case goes to trial, there will be no leniency. You'll be looking at 20 years in a federal penitentiary for your part in the cover-up of Jason Blossom's murder." sheriff Keller tells FP.

At the Lodges Dallas eating food as his mother fretted over little thing sense their dads coming home.

"When should I be expecting, Mr. Lodge?"Smithers asked.

"Not until the end of the month, but everything has to be perfect." Hermione said.

"Yes, we would not want to make daddy angry." Veronica said sarcastically.

"That'll be all, Smithers. Thank you." Hermione said as Smithers leaves. "He's your father, Veronica, not the godfather."

After talking with the sheriff, Anna goes to school with Jughead. The first thing in the does is go and find Cheryl.

Annabelle can't find her so she skips school and goes to Thornhill. Anna looked around but couldn't find her so, Anna started for the barn when the Lodges limo pulled up.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" Anna asked as Dallas gets out of the car.

"I'm here to see Cheryl." Dallas said then laughed. "It looks like we have the same idea.